Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Apr 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile Alamo at the Dolphin

Hi. Anyone used this and where exactly is it? We'd like a car next summer but we won't use it a lot so want as small and cheap as possible. We are staying at the Beach Club so planning on using DME to manage the luggage then picking a car up here. Is it easy and are the cars okay? We've only ever had large SUVs from the airport before.
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Alamo desk is in the lobby. Like all hotel rental company locations the choice of cars is very limited as they physically cannot park many as said hotels dont allocate them much parking.
However what you order will be there as they sort them out in advance. If they can't source the size you ordered they upgrade the car free of charge.
Personally I would get the car from the Disney Car Care Centre near the entrance to the MK. Tons of cars there and a free Alamo minibus to pick you up/drop you off.
But even there you dont pick what you want as it's parked up in a bay for you. But if there is an issue they can swap it out in seconds.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
misaps
Very Serious Dibber

misaps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've collected from the Dolphin while staying at the Yacht Club, plus side was that it was a nice easy stroll and as I'd forgotten my passport I could get back to the room without issue to get it! Service was great and it was all sorted without worry. Only thing to bear in mind is that this desk is not open late, so if you are considering collecting past 5pm (I think that's when it shuts, or at least did do), the Car Care Centre is the only option.

I've also used the Car Care Centre from the Yacht Club and would agree with Tom the amount of vehicles is better but no choice given so this only becomes a benefit should there be an issue with your given car. Transport is easy with the use of the Alamo transfer bus.
misaps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We used it last year while staying at Beach club. Very convenient location.

When we arrived though the cars hadn't yet turned up due to traffic, I think they bring them in for the day from the airports maybe. We had to wait about 20 minutes but they did give a an upgrade and it was a brand new car with less than 200 miles on it. If we didn't want to wait we'd have had to go down one grade and they said they refund us but we were worried about luggage.

Loved the new car, we only had it a day and drove it the next day to Port Canaveral for our cruise. When we came back and went to collect our next car we got the same one and had it for the rest of our trip. We think the manager had been driving it around so it wasn't rented out. Doubt that would happen again.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We collected a car from there last year. The first one they gave us, we'd only gone a few hundred yards down the road and it was very apparent there was something wrong as it was making a terrible knocking sound. Took it straight back and were immediately provided with a replacement - a bit of a pain having to go back but we had no complaints about how it was dealt with.
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks all. Our first full day is bound to be spent at MK so I think I'll go to the Car place there based on this. It is near the Ticket and Transportation Centre?
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

When we collected at Disney car care after a day at MK we booked a collection at guest services just inside the park earlier in the day and they collected us from the Contemporary at the arranged time.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks Bellasmummy
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Thanks all. Our first full day is bound to be spent at MK so I think I'll go to the Car place there based on this. It is near the Ticket and Transportation Centre?
No it's miles away from the TTC. It's just across the road from the toll plazas for the MK. Impossible to walk to from anywhere.
I would book the Alamo minibus either from the Contemporary as suggested or from the MK as they pick up there as well.
This is the location - Magic Kingdom Park/Transportation & Ticket Center: Lost and Found parking lot

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List