Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Feb 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

I thought u only get the barcode after u complete skip the counter? Or have I got that wrong?
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stu1873 View Post
I thought u only get the barcode after u complete skip the counter? Or have I got that wrong?
you get a barcode on your online check in confirmation

skip the counter is just the extra step where you enter your CC details and it's not available at all locations
but experience has taught us that the barcode on OLCI is enough to go straight to the garage at locations where it's possible to (location must be eligible to Skip The Counter)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Oright,cheers for the info- I will jst do olci and leave skip the counter.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stu1873 View Post
Oright,cheers for the info- I will jst do olci and leave skip the counter.
but just make sure your OLCI confirmation shows the barcode (actually the barcode just contains your reservation number)
sometines OLCI papers lack the barcode. If that's the case, do the extra STC step.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Got u 👍🏻. I did think of jst removing the car seat on the olci bit as that removes the extra charge to pay but think that will b more hassle to sort at the other end,still getting the car seat.
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaffer
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for the advice, I will head straight to the garage with olci paper work and hope they can sort it at the hut. Stu do I fly before you? If so I will let you know how we get on.
Gaffer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
Thanks for the advice, I will head straight to the garage with olci paper work and hope they can sort it at the hut. Stu do I fly before you? If so I will let you know how we get on.
I just checked and I'm before you,63 days and counting,so I will need to let you know how I get on lol. I had a voicemail message from lady at Orlando alamo who has confirmed everything is paid for including infant seat,so hopefully it should be fine.
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah I have got exactly the same thing showing. Take off the child car seat which I booked under the understanding this was covered and price to pay drops to $0.

I already paid for my car seat in the original invoice.

Base Rate
499.90 GBP1
Collision Damage Waiver Full
(included)
Extended Protection
(included)
Customer Facility Charge 3.50/day
(included)
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct
(included)
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day
(included)
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day
(included)
Vehicle License Fee .66/day
(included)
Sales Tax
(included)
Additional Driver
(included)
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct
4.67 GBP1
Sales Tax
3.35 GBP1
Child toddler seat
46.75 GBP1
Total Price
554.67 GBP

Edited at 11:27 AM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Like I said above,I got a message left from alamo Orlando confirming everything paid for so it will be same for you.
Old 16 Feb 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheers mate, seems to be an issue that might affect others. Seems to be a computer issue to me. All confirmations include seat cost in invoice, so I know I have already paid for it.

Be good to see how you get on as we fly just after you I think on April 27th. I was going to kiosk anyway to try for an upgrade . I can't justify paying double for car seat and an upgrade.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List