Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Feb 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Car keys

Can anybody offer any advice. i dont carry a bag when in the parks i only wear my shorts with zip pockets. but i find it very annoying carrying the car keys around with me. they come with a stupid metal wire on them and a huge keyring.

does anyone have any tips with what they do?
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

A lot of people call in to the nearest Walmart and cut the ring to separate the keys.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by nanu View Post
A lot of people call in to the nearest Walmart and cut the ring to separate the keys.
No I don't believe that! What happens is people are walking down the tool aisle and those cutters they have on a chain for no apparent reason leap out and sever the key ring

How it happens is totally beyond me but it does happen a lot.

OP. Come over to the dark side and join us Bum Bag people. You know you want to.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 01:57 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Stick them on a carabiner and clip this to a belt loop on your shorts?
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

We Always take a couple of cable ties for handing the keys back.😂😂
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

this drives me crazy and one year in LA they gave me the keyS on a metal loop and i asked them to split and they said no its so they don't loose the second key. Which is mad having both keys on the same loop as if you lose one you lose both.

I'm interested to know if anyone has had a issue when they have returned the car without the metal loop intact.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have a Dodge Caravan at the moment from Alamo just one key so don't have that problem Wonder where the second key is worried now I should have declared there was one key only at collection lol
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
this drives me crazy and one year in LA they gave me the keyS on a metal loop and i asked them to split and they said no its so they don't loose the second key. Which is mad having both keys on the same loop as if you lose one you lose both.

I'm interested to know if anyone has had a issue when they have returned the car without the metal loop intact.
Seeing as Tom and I both do the same thing in Walmart along with many others, no, they don't bat an eyelid.

In fact, its becoming more common only to be given one key now although I hope that does not become standard.

I spend half my day checking my pocket (or bum bag) to make sure the key is still there

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I'm interested to know if anyone has had a issue when they have returned the car without the metal loop intact.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in this too, end up having to take a bag everywhere to git the blasted keys in
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Actually I dont know the last time I had a key. It's been the fob for years.
However when they do 'accidentaly' get split nobody is ever going to comment

I pull into the garage as directed. Photograph the odometer and fuel gauge. Get out of the car and put the keys on the roof.

Over to them then.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List