Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Advise on missing connecting flight

Hi not sure if I’m posting in right section.
So basically flight was delayed leaving mco, which in turn we missed our connecting flight home. All booked on 1 ticket. Flight was delayed by 1 hour 38. We were only told when getting off plane that we wouldn’t make connecting flight so go to the desk to rebook which resulted new flight been over 6 hours later than 1st flight. Am I entitled to claim under eu rule
Ainer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I thought no this might depend on who your booking was with
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

citizensadvice.uk/co...-or-cancelled/

If your flight’s delayed for 2 or more hours

Your airline have to give you:

food and drink
access to phone calls and emails
accommodation if you’re delayed overnight - and journeys between the airport and the hotel
If your flight’s delayed for 3 or more hours

You already have a legal right to food and drink, phone calls and accommodation - you get this when the flight is delayed for 2 hours or more.

You’re also entitled to get compensation if the delay is the airline’s responsibility - for example, if they didn’t get enough bookings or there was a technical fault.

You won’t get compensation if it was delayed because of something like bad weather or a strike.
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for your replies. Flight was mco-lgw-dub. But as flight from lgw-dub was missed they transferred us to Lhr. It was a package booked through virgin
Ainer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

Mystery Jimbo's response is somewhat misleading. If you click on the link you'll notice that it only applies to flights with an EU airline. It doesn't matter who you booked with, it is the responsibility of the airline you actually fly with.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I was speaking to an advisor within Virgin and they say that I’m not entitled to claim but from reading online I’m still confused as some state that if it is so many hours after your original booking you are. Was hoping someone on here could give me their expertise with it.
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
can you tell us which airline you were actually flying with ? You are only covered if you are with an airline based in the EU eg BA or Virgin, or if the flight originated in the EU.

Thus for example, if your internal flight was with United, then you are not entitled to any compensation for the delay and they did what they were legally obliged to do, ie get you on the next available flight home.

The EU regulations are much stronger than any protections you have in the USA

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Flight was the vs28 leaving Orlando. Flight that we were meant to connect to was aer lingus to Dublin. But as I say we didn’t make that one. Transferred to Lhr to catch another aer lingus to Dublin
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Sort answer is I'm not sure but maybe.

Delay into LGW was less than 3 hours but knock on effect was a 6 hour delay. As long as the flight into LGW was Virgin plane and not a Delta codeshare you may have a claim.

This link may be useful moneysavingexpert/travel/flight-delays
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

No was definitely on virgin plane. I have been reading loads of things and it’s not very clear. Was speaking to Virgin and they say not entitled to claim as flight landed 1 hour 38 mins late and even thou transferred to different flight it left on time. So they are saying no delay.