Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Flew LHR to Miami 2 weeks ago (on our way to New Orleans), I had bulk head seats booked due to Back issues and arthritis as BA don't do extra leg room. Bulk head seats had been sorted with special assistance as I need help standing up, when we boarded we found that we had been moved from the seats to a row back as couple had a baby, not an issue as there were 4 seats but we were told we could not use the spare 2 seats as they had allocated the whole row to these people, the row behind had very little room, I had to hold on to the seat in front to try and stand which lead to complaints from the people that had been allocated my seat, overall it was one of the worst journeys ever and I will never use BA again. I have sent in a complaint and the lack of an apologe from them is a joke
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Not quite sure I understand this?

Are you saying that, as a passenger with a disability, normal leg room is not adequate, so you arranged bulkhead seating with BA to accomodate your medical condition?

And that they ignored your protests and ejected you from the seat you paid to select, to make room for the family?

And wouldn't even let you occupy the unused bulkhead seats?

That seems, excuse me, quite incredible.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Very Serious Dibber

I flew with BA to Canada last week we always fly BA but this was a smaller plane and I said never again with BA.As soon as the person in front reclined the tv was almost in my face you couldn't move.I was dreading the flight home.Once one person reclined we all had to recline.We fly to Miami in August but my husband said its a bigger plane.It has put me off booking with BA agin it was so uncomfortable

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
Flew LHR to Miami 2 weeks ago (on our way to New Orleans), I had bulk head seats booked due to Back issues and arthritis as BA don't do extra leg room. Bulk head seats had been sorted with special assistance as I need help standing up, when we boarded we found that we had been moved from the seats to a row back as couple had a baby, not an issue as there were 4 seats but we were told we could not use the spare 2 seats as they had allocated the whole row to these people, the row behind had very little room, I had to hold on to the seat in front to try and stand which lead to complaints from the people that had been allocated my seat, overall it was one of the worst journeys ever and I will never use BA again. I have sent in a complaint and the lack of an apologe from them is a joke
This will always be the case that those with babies will have priority for bulkhead bassinet seats even over those allocated by special assistance. Generally these cannot be paid for for this reason.
This can happen on airline.

It can take some time for BA to reply.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Persnicketty View Post
Not quite sure I understand this?

Are you saying that, as a passenger with a disability, normal leg room is not adequate, so you arranged bulkhead seating with BA to accomodate your medical condition?

And that they ignored your protests and ejected you from the seat you paid to select, to make room for the family?

And wouldn't even let you occupy the unused bulkhead seats?

That seems, excuse me, quite incredible.
I am a passenger with a major disability and quite frankly, wouldn’t fly ANY airlines economy seating, nor their premium WT+.
I understand my abilities, so book CW/business.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pudding View Post
I flew with BA to Canada last week we always fly BA but this was a smaller plane and I said never again with BA.As soon as the person in front reclined the tv was almost in my face you couldn't move.I was dreading the flight home.Once one person reclined we all had to recline.We fly to Miami in August but my husband said its a bigger plane.It has put me off booking with BA agin it was so uncomfortable
To be fair, that sounds like pretty much any major airline in economy class!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
This will always be the case that those with babies will have priority for bulkhead bassinet seats even over those allocated by special assistance. Generally these cannot be paid for for this reason.
This can happen on airline.
Though it doesn't explain why the kirkdalewdw was not allowed to occupy the unused bulkhead seats next to the bassinet. There may have been a valid reason, but it's unusual. I would suggest in future that they avoid bassinet seats when choosing seats in a bulkhead row.

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
I am a passenger with a major disability and quite frankly, wouldn’t fly ANY airlines economy seating, nor their premium WT+.
I understand my abilities, so book CW/business.
Your choice of course, but not everyone can afford premium cabins, and that doesn't mean they should not be able to travel in a reasonable level of comfort.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Though it doesn't explain why the kirkdalewdw was not allowed to occupy the unused bulkhead seats next to the bassinet. There may have been a valid reason, but it's unusual. I would suggest in future that they avoid bassinet seats when choosing seats in a bulkhead row.

Your choice of course, but not everyone can afford premium cabins, and that doesn't mean they should not be able to travel in a reasonable level of comfort.
Yes it does. When you choose to fly, (it’s not a compulsary thing, your choice) and choose to fly the cheapest, you know what your price will get you.
If you want more leg room, pay for it or don’t bother going.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Yes it does. When you choose to fly, (it’s not a compulsary thing, your choice) and choose to fly the cheapest, you know what your price will get you.
If you want more leg room, pay for it or don’t bother going.
We'll have to agree to differ. I'm quite happy for those who have greater need to be given some priority on seating, especially in economy. BA shares that view by allowing disabled passengers free advance seat selection.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List