Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Personally I think the key to that sort of group would be NOT trying to plan together. All work out what you each want to do and just see where your paths cross. If you are in the same hotel, you will end up having meals / pool time together at various points.

Any actual day out with a group like that would surely end badly. Need the loo, or a drink&food at different times. Wanting different rides. Nightmare with nobody going home happy.

Waterparks might work well for a group day out. Find a base in the waterpark and chances are there will always be some of the group wanting to sit and relax. The rest can come and go.

But ultimately it probably all comes down to the group. If you are all pretty relaxed and get on great it could be awesome, But if there are "difficult" individuals it could be a big mistake!

Hope it all works out whatever you decide!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
1. Everyone books for themselves.

2. You all agree that you are not joined at the hip, but will do some things together and some as smaller groups, or individual families. We don't often spend every waking minute with people other than our own families and things can quickly become strained when you do, particularly when the Summer heat and some jetlafg tiredness is factored in.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

My SIL is one of six and her family all go away together sometimes as 3 generations in a group of 20 plus. They all agree on dates and resort and then all book as individual families. They plan a couple of whole family meals together during their holiday and take is as a starting point that each family group will make their own plans. When some groups want to do the same thing then they will get together and they sometimes do a kid swap if say one of the younger kids wants to go with their cousins for the day. SILs parents sometimes take all the kids for a few hours so the grown ups can do stuff together. They've never done this to Florida though. Usually somewhere like Tenerife. Good luck!
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went with one other family so 8 of us. We’re used to spending a lot of time together and enjoy similar things.
We each booked our own accommodation but asked to be near each other. We did do everything together and it worked for us. But I don’t think it would have worked if there had been any more than 8.

Personally if it was me I would suggest everyone books there own flights/tickets/accommodation. I wouldn’t attempt Park days with that many people it would be very stressful when someone just wants to nip to the loo, go in a shop, stop for a drink. You’d never get anywhere. I also wouldn’t want to attempt FastPass or multiple dining reservations for a group that size. I think it would be better to try and arrange a couple of big group meet ups ie water park, meal or see you by hotel pool. I’m sure it could be amazing fun to have time together in a big group, I would just be careful about trying to organise too many other people. You wouldn’t want to end up ruining your own holiday.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

I would run a mile and book a holiday on the other side of the world.

I go on holiday to get away from other people and spend quality time with our small family unit.

Good Luck... but the thought of it is stressing me out already.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

7 of us one year and never again! Back to the three of us much less stressful lol!
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
I would run a mile and book a holiday on the other side of the world.

I go on holiday to get away from other people and spend quality time with our small family unit.

Good Luck... but the thought of it is stressing me out already.
I have to agree. A big group holiday would be my idea of a nightmare !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kazzykay
slightly serious Dibber

That sounds a nightmare to me, let them book their own, and then you go another date. lol
kazzykay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Wow! That sounds great in theory. In practice, all I would say is GOOD LUCK. Lots of sound advice above. After our 'group' holiday, I would be running for the hills, never again! Too many variables and people to please. I do hope it goes well for you though
In answer to your question title, personal opinion: yes

Edited at 09:07 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

We once went as a group of 7.

I wouldn't want to repeat it TBH, I love spending time with just DH and DD's. It all turns into a lot of compromising and waiting around.

Although I look at big groups and it usually looks like they are having fun! But it's not for me, just catching up with my immediate family is more important,

Good luck whatever you decide.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List