Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Feb 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile Disney Buses

Hi

Staying at Beach Club in late August. We are early risers and would intend to get to the parks for rope drop/early magic hours most mornings, but we've heard different accounts about how busy the Disney buses are i.e. people having to wait for a number of buses because they are full, and therefore they miss rope drop/early magic hour starts. But we have heard others say they have never had a problem...

What has been your experiences? I also read that it picks people up from the yacht club first, but if that is the case surely Beach Club people should just queue in that hotel - as they are right next to each other?!?!

In a nutshell I am asking are disney Buses from Beach Club the way to go for rope drop/EMH?

many thanks...
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

We used the busses from the Yacht Club, the only problem with the busses is they never seem to turn up when you need them in a hurry (but that's probably just coincidence). We did use them to make rope drop successfully a few times - they generally turn up every 10~15 minutes for each park first thing in the morning.

If a bus fills up at the Yacht Club - it will not even go to the Beach Club, and just go straight to the park; but the dispatcher will send the next one to the Beach Club. It's not really something you should be worried about :-)

Edited at 12:07 AM.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

Conno - thanks - that's reassuring :-)
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Buses run from the resorts from 1hr before park opening.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Mobile

Following as we are at BC too and intend doing the EMH for all the parks. Obviously HS and Epcot not an issue as can walk, but for EMH at AK we will Uber just to be on the safe side!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks Jojo - we are not overly keen on using uber (given their reputation as an 'employer'), so maybe the Minnie taxi things are the way to go?
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jon&Emz View Post
Buses run from the resorts from 1hr before park opening.
They run much earlier than that. "1 Hour before park opening" is just their official line. You can find busses as early as 6:30am for a 9am opening.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Our first stay in 2016 was at Easter time at AoA resort. It was incredibly busy and queues for buses were huge. We often had to stand in the bus. However, the buses came very quickly and we were never waiting too long. The worst time we found was after fireworks in the evening going back to resort, we sometimes had 2 full buses go to our resort before we got on a bus. But the dispatchers send extra buses then, so even then I think we were only around 30-40 minutes waiting. I would stress this was Easter which is incredibly busy, and some times then we just hopped on a half full bus so it wasn't terrible.

The Minnie Vans are quite expensive so I don't feel they are practical for everyday use. I believe they are run by Lyft and booked through the Lyft app. We use Uber if we go off-site, and will be using them for an early breakfast booking this year onsite. We find Uber drivers to be friendly and efficient. But if it's Uber as a company you dislike, maybe Lyft would be an alternative as their regular drivers (not Minnie vans) are around the same price as Uber.

Edited to say that I did not mean to 'like' my own post, I meant to press edit and hit like instead 😁. I am rubbish with technology, even a like button is beyond me haha

Edited at 10:16 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for the replies folks very helpful. I have accidentally 'liked' my own Facebook posts and get some stick for that! :-)
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I would stress this was Easter which is incredibly busy, and some times then we just hopped on a half full bus so it wasn't terrible.
AoA is also a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee resort compared to Yacht Club / Beach Club. There's usually far less people waiting for busses for YC/BC.