Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Sep 08, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Budget Full size

Pick up 18th August 2008
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Catergory of car hired:- Full size
Make of car you got:- Chevrolet Malibu
Hire car company used:- Budget booked through USRentacars

The trunk was very deep - plenty of space for luggage and pushchair

Like others, we originally booked an intermediate, but were given the free upgrade to Full. We were originally allocated a Hyundai sonata, but this smelled of old cigars! I went back to the booth where you pick up the keys and they swapped it straight away.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 08, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Our car

Picked up August 21st,
Booked direct through Alamo,
Dodge Avenger,
Picked up at MCO,
Medium size car.

We was asked by the agent about upgrade and tank of gas, but said no, and was not pushed. Fitted 2 suitcases and a holdall in the truck with no probs, but coming back was a game of tetris due to presents ect

Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 08, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Place: Sanford

Company: Dollar - Airline Network

Catogory: Economy/budget (give me the cheapest one you got!)

Make: Dodge Calibre

Great little car - loads of room
Old 13 Oct 08, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Place you picked the car up :- Orlando international airport (MCO)
Category of car hired:- full size seven seat 4X4
Make of car you got:-Saturn Outlook eight seat crossover 4X4
Hire car company used:- Alamo

we had a seven seat 4x4 booked with Alamo to pick up at MCO (dodge Durango or similar) and our flight was late arriving so we got to the Alamo desk and there was two agents on the desk and no line

When we got to the desk we got the usual spiel about party size and luggage and do we want a bigger car at a special rate but a polite no thanks we will manage with what we have booked put an end to sales chat

The agent told us that we would be getting a jeep commander as they didn’t have any Durango’s and he tried to use the commander to convince me that I should upgrade, I guess he knew that the commander was not a well liked car but again a polite no thanks and the paper work was completed

When we got out to the garage we went into the collections office and they sent a lady off to collect my seven seat 4x4 she came back with a Saturn outlook XE AWD with 2000 miles on the clock, this was a car that I had never heard of but a quick look around and it seemed to fit the bill so we excepted it, and In three weeks of driving it I have decided that I really like it and I have only seen one other example of this car so it has a bit of rarity value

A big thumbs up to Alamo

The car had very little boot space with all seats up and I would say that max luggage capacity would be two large cases and some hand luggage

With back row of seats down we carried three cases and three large holdalls plus all the hand luggage with ease and the remaining seats easily accommodated four adults and one child
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 08, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymum
Imagineer

Toyota Sienna

Place you picked the car up :- Orlando international airport (MCO)
Category of car hired:- originally booked a 7 seater 4X4 but paid an extra £100 at the desk for this with lots more space.
Make of car you got:-Toyota Sienna 8 seater
Hire car company used:- Alamo

We had paid £370 with Usrentacar for a 7 seater 4X4 & thought we were getting a Durango but we were offered a jeep commander. TBH I dont think either would have been big enough for 6 people with(on the way home) 6 large cases, 4 small cases, a car seat, & a huge pushchair We decided to go for the Toyota Sienna 8 seater & paid an extra £100 for it The back seat split so we sat one person in the back with 2 seats down for the return journey. The boot was also one of those really deep ones. I only managed to take a quick couple of pics when we dropped it off but if you google Toyota Sienna you'll see what they're like.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Pop Cen Jan 2006, All Star Mov Sept 2007, POR Sept 2008
DCR DLRP Jan 2009, Cheyenne May 2009, Grand Cal, SSR & AKV Nov 2009, Tuscan Ridge & AKV Aug 2010, AKV & Disney Dream Apr 2011, Dibb Villa & AKV Dec 2011, DCR DLRP Aug 2012 & March 2013, AKV OKW & Disney Dream Aug 2015, AKV OKW POLY VB & Disney CA Aug 2017, PP Cali & Knotts Berry Farm May 2018
SL DLRP Xmas 2018 CB GFV VB Aug 2019, SL DLRP Xmas 2019
Funkymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 08, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Place you picked the car up from:- Sanford, 20.09.08 - 04.10.08
Category of car hired:- Compact, free upgrade to intermediate
Make of car you got:- Pontiac G6
Hire car company used:- Hertz, booked through hertz.com

Cost was £177 for 2 week compact hire. Mastercard have a 10% discount + a free upgrade. We also got the Sat Nav included at no extras charge.
We paid an extra $58 to return the car empty, although after agreeing to this I noticed that they added on an extra $7/ $8 for airport taxes etc. That said, it was still a very good deal.
Car was nice to drive and had ample boot space for our needs.
Another advantage of using Hertz is that it is a lot quieter than Dollar/Alamo. I will certainly use again.

coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 08, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Booked thru USRENTACAR
MCO October 2nd/12th
4x4 7 seater full size
Chrysler Aspen

Was going to be given a Jeep but i asked if they had a Durango but said they hadn`t so got this instead

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 08, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Just got back from my trip here is the beast that i had for the 2 weeks we was there.

The Escalde

Great car used not as much fuel as i thought loads of room for the kids dvd player in the middle row and the back row so great for the kids again defo have one again but next year we are trying the hummer. Oh yes the the cost to run this beast was $250 for the whole 2 weeks not bad as the suv is a 6 litre.

Old 24 Oct 08, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
steve2457
Getting Excited

steve2457's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Dodge Avenger

Dodge Avenger aug 2007
was ok, but having a 7 seater mini van for the past 4 years, we did notice the difrance in space, lol, but it was ok,

but i did notice if you had the windows down and going about 50 mph there was a noise from the back with the wind comming in... like a thudding noise,

Edited at 07:08 PM.
steve2457 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 08, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Place you picked the car up :- MIA
Category of car hired:- 7 sdeater Minivam
Make of car you got:-Dodge Grand Caravan
Hire car company used:- Dollar thru All States Car Hire

Driver

Middle 2 seats

Trunk & Split Rear bench seat (seats 3)

Luggage - with rear seats folded accomodated 12 cases/kitbags of varying sizes plus carry on luggage
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Edited at 06:06 PM.
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty