Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 09, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccas Dad
slightly serious Dibber

Tickets v Vouchers

Came across this article when looking for tickets, found it quite interesting.I am not trying to scare anyone, but in these times of hardship makes you wonder if paying a few qiud more for peace of mind is worth it.

tickettruth/tickets...-vouchers.html
Beccas Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Well I don't know who wrote that load of rubbish! We had vouchers for our just passed Easter visit and did not have to wait at the "Will Call" desk, so no time wasting, no keeping children occupied. What an absolute load of tosh.

PS No disrespect intended to you, Becca's Dad.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Are the will call kiosks easy to use? I need to pick up a couple of annual passes.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

I suspect the website is trying to scare people into buying their tickets via the links which may or may not cost more.

A voucher is just as good as a ticket imo. Its only on the day you exchange the ticket that you might lose a few minutes but it ain't loads of time as the website indicates.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFamily
Imagineer

Extract from above twaddle:
"during the peak travel months this can take a while and mean you may run out of time to go on your favourite ride!"

Thats just a load of scaremongering nonsense... you may wait 5-10 mins at the will call window but your not going to miss your favourite ride... unless you arrived at the park 10 mins before closing
2001 - Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 - Old Key West Resort 2007 - Sequoia Lodge (DLRP) 2008 - Santa Fe (DLRP) 2010 - Mickeys Sunrise Villa (Sunrise Lakes Dibb Villa) 2011 - Hotel New York (DLRP) 2013 - Orlando Primrose Villa (Lindfields Dibb Villa)
DisneyFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This year will be our first time using vouchers and I don't expect any problems (well I hope not).

I really don't see any problems with them after doing considerable research before I bought them.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

have not long returned from orlando. we have been three times now and the first two times we had real tickets, this time we had vouchers from charter travel and had no problems at all the vouchers arrived with us when they said they would and exchanging them was a piece of cake just needed photo id (passport) for the lead named person on the vouchers. we had 5 park orlando flex tickets and 5 day disney premium tickets ( 8 adults and 1 child ). would certainally consider this option again as we saved quite a few dollars
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

What can i say about the vouchers, we arrived in Orlando on Friday late afternoon and we had left all our paperwork, villa details, car hire and the vouchers at Birmingham airport. I know your saying how the hell could you do that and im still asking myself the same question.
Anyway the power of the Blackberry meant i had all the details on my phone except for the vouchers for the tickets,
A call to thomas cook and they arranged for a fax to be sent to there office in orlando for me to collect they were fantastic, if i had had hard tickets i would have been knackered and forking out a few hundred quid more.
We qued for 5 mins to get the proper tickets which took 2 mins.

I would deffo go for vouchers as there is always that slim chance they might go missing.

i will be making copys of everything next time and putting in a diffrent bag
Old 21 Apr 09, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
buffalo
Imagineer

I would rather have the actual tickets TBH but after having vouchers last year was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. Have purchased vouchers this year because they worked out £150 cheaper which means more $s to spend over there.
Purchased everything with my CC just for extra cover.
March 1995-Indian Wells, Sept 1996 - Westridge, June 1997 Creekside, Nov 1998 - Westridge, Sept 2000 - Westridge, April 2001 - Westridge, Sept 2005- Westridge, Oct 2008-Tuscan Hills, Aug 2009-Legacy Park, July 2010- Legacy Park, July 2011-Calabria, July 2012-High Grove, July 2013-Solana, August 2014-High Grove/Anna Maria , Sept/Oct 2015 OKW/Anna Maria/High Grove
buffalo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by skitts61 View Post
have not long returned from orlando. we have been three times now and the first two times we had real tickets, this time we had vouchers from charter travel and had no problems at all the vouchers arrived with us when they said they would and exchanging them was a piece of cake just needed photo id (passport) for the lead named person on the vouchers. we had 5 park orlando flex tickets and 5 day disney premium tickets ( 8 adults and 1 child ). would certainally consider this option again as we saved quite a few dollars
When you exchanged your vouchers did you all have to go, or can one person collect the tickets for the rest of the party.?

Also did you exchange at a park or DTD.?

Has anyone please please got an answer to the above question.

Our vouchers came via e-mail, looks like a photocopy,! but presumably it,s the ref number that they go on, plus your names,? correct.

Many thanks.

Edited at 03:21 PM. Reason: no reply
Closed Thread