Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
I've booked for early Aug next year, villa with Airbnb that we can cancel 2 weeks before free of charge, fly drive with BA with flexible booking policy. The only thing I'm nervous about booking is overnight stay at Hard Rock Hotel using clubcard vouchers as they are non refundable and its £480s worth for one night. My problem is some of my vouchers run out in November this year but it's a lot to risk losing.
I'm in exactly the same position
I'm wondering if it's worth exchanging the vouchers for the hotel.com vouchers (before they expire in Nov) but not booking the hotel yet
Maybe even just exchange the ones that expire in Nov
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by hawk299 View Post
I'm in exactly the same position
I'm wondering if it's worth exchanging the vouchers for the hotel.com vouchers (before they expire in Nov) but not booking the hotel yet
Maybe even just exchange the ones that expire in Nov
Now that's a good idea, how long does the hotel voucher last once exchanged ?
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Now that's a good idea, how long does the hotel voucher last once exchanged ?
12 months by the looks of it
I'm going to do that just for the November ones, I'll wait to see if Quik-Queue is even operating before I book the room
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by hawk299 View Post
12 months by the looks of it
I'm going to do that just for the November ones, I'll wait to see if Quik-Queue is even operating before I book the room
That's another thing I hadn't considered. Thanks for that advice 👍
Old 27 Sep 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Do you think masks will still be a thing next summer ?...I was hoping for more along the lines of masks for indoor attractions and hopefully not needed outside by then
I'm with you on this. We are hoping for the same. But if we still need to wear them all the time we will.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
I'm with you on this. We are hoping for the same. But if we still need to wear them all the time we will.
Same here ...at first I obviously didn’t like the idea but if it’s still in place so be it
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

I've just booked today. We are lucky enough to use our friends villa so that bit isn't a problem. I booked a FlyDrive with BA paying deposit only. I liked the look of their flexible amendments/cancellation offer. Th price was great too (works out £470 each for the flights - MAN-PHL-MCO depart on 18th July for 20 nights).
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
No one knows what'll be like by next summer but some people have a very negative attitude. I've spent enough time on here to know who they are.
I don’t think it’s negative at all. It’s the realism of the situation we are in and Could still be in next summer. Some people may have not considered that they may still have to wear Face Masks in 100d heat and on a 9 hr flight, in restaurants, shops etc. Doesn’t sound much like a fun holiday to me.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

If we are still wearing masks in 9/10/11 months time then I dread to think what the intervening time will have been like.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Bit the bullet and booked for 2021:

Direct flights with BA
3 nights on International Drive for some relaxation and a bit of shopping
2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort (Club Level)
12 nights at Cabana Bay Resort (family suite)

We were supposed to go this year (never been to Universal) so hopefully next year we can make the most of it (fingers crossed).

Worst case scenario we can move our deposit for free to an alternative holiday (still covered under their Coronavirus T&Cs and applies to bookings made from 3 March until 30 September 2020 for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021).

Edited at 10:56 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List