Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy1874
Earning My Ears

Virgin Rewards - can two people use their points on one booking?

Apologies if this is the wrong area for this question but does anyone know if it is possible for two adults to book together under one booking but each use their own reward points towards the costs (money + miles)? Or does it need to be two separate bookings? From what I can see I think it’s the latter but wanted to check in case I was missing something.

Also - is it possible to transfer points to someone else (another way round the above) some things I’ve been reading online suggests yes, others suggest no and I’m struggling to find the option on the Virgin site other than gifting points - but that seems to be buying them as a gift rather then gifting points earned.

Thanks in advance
Goofy1874 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goofy1874 View Post
Apologies if this is the wrong area for this question but does anyone know if it is possible for two adults to book together under one booking but each use their own reward points towards the costs (money + miles)? Or does it need to be two separate bookings? From what I can see I think it’s the latter but wanted to check in case I was missing something.
It can only be done by calling and it depends on the staff member you speak to, it's not an official policy as far as I know but when DW and I booked PE and upgraded to UC with miles they transferred DW's share of the miles to me, then booked both from my account on one booking ref.

Originally Posted by Goofy1874 View Post
Also - is it possible to transfer points to someone else (another way round the above) some things I’ve been reading online suggests yes, others suggest no and I’m struggling to find the option on the Virgin site other than gifting points - but that seems to be buying them as a gift rather then gifting points earned.

Thanks in advance
Can't be done yourself without incurring a fee which is not worth it. Try the above.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If always found them very helpful on the phone and always willing to transfer points for free so you can use them all on a booking. If they say no just hang up and call again you’ll get someone who will do it.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
If always found them very helpful on the phone and always willing to transfer points for free so you can use them all on a booking. If they say no just hang up and call again you’ll get someone who will do it.
We might have done that... I didn't make the phone call, so I'm not certain, but I think we had enough points between us for 2 free flights.

I can say that we called, got sorted out with reasonable dates and (as expected) had to pay the taxes, and also for the kids at full fare, but the total was under 2k for 4 of us from Manchester in August 2019 peak, so we were happy.
Old 30 Sep 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Yes, we have done it a few times, combined mine & my husband's points no problem over the phone x
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
We might have done that... I didn't make the phone call, so I'm not certain, but I think we had enough points between us for 2 free flights.

I can say that we called, got sorted out with reasonable dates and (as expected) had to pay the taxes, and also for the kids at full fare, but the total was under 2k for 4 of us from Manchester in August 2019 peak, so we were happy.
The official rule is you can combine miles from more than 1 account but it has to be in increments of a one way flight that you’re booking.

You can get lucky and get someone that will use random amounts if you don’t have enough in 1 of the accounts for one of the flights. You can keep calling until you find one of those agents 😏.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List