Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Jul 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I LOVED this report. It made me feel so ‘homesick’ as your villa is just a couple of doors down from the one we always rent so your pool chilling photos brought so many memories back for me.

And you went to Teak - our absolute favourite

I confess I did skip past the gun range part as even scrolling through it made me anxious. But I loved all the places you visited. Oh I miss it so much!
Thanks for reading Helen. I miss it too 😢. The villa was great and we loved High Grove - we would definitely go back there and to the same villa if it was available. I remember that you loved sitting out by the pool looking over the conservation area in the early mornings - we did too, it was so peaceful.

We went to Teak because of you! I’ve read so many good reports of it from you that I insisted we try it this time. We would definitely go back - the burgers were amazing.

I totally get that the gun range part isn’t for everyone. I’m glad you enjoyed reading about the other places we visited though 😁.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Your sat nav mishap reminds me of the time ours was accidentally set to "Hawaii" instead of "mainland US" and it said there were no theme parks nearby in Orlando.

I am pretty sure the birds were Sandhill Cranes not Whooping, they are much more common here and darker. We used to have a pair visiting us every morning.
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a great trip and so many amazing pictures too
Love the dining links in each day

I keep trying to tell people that Miami Airport has got better with time, but we usually grab our bags and drive to avoid the shuffle up to MCO.

Your villa looks amazing and the very thought of that view with a glass of wine in the spa pool is something else

A rocket launch and to see the gingerbread house must have made memories beyond imaginable!

Loved reading all about your trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Your sat nav mishap reminds me of the time ours was accidentally set to "Hawaii" instead of "mainland US" and it said there were no theme parks nearby in Orlando.

I am pretty sure the birds were Sandhill Cranes not Whooping, they are much more common here and darker. We used to have a pair visiting us every morning.
Haha, that could have been an interesting detour via Hawaii! We felt a bit silly when we remembered that we had changed the settings, but we got there in the end.

I'm no crane expert, so open to all suggestions. They were more a light grey colour rather than white and it sounds like you know what you're talking about. Regardless of what they were, we loved watching these birds every day. Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great trip and so many amazing pictures too
Love the dining links in each day

I keep trying to tell people that Miami Airport has got better with time, but we usually grab our bags and drive to avoid the shuffle up to MCO.

Your villa looks amazing and the very thought of that view with a glass of wine in the spa pool is something else

A rocket launch and to see the gingerbread house must have made memories beyond imaginable!

Loved reading all about your trip

You know, it was an amazing trip - not to everyone's taste perhaps, but we loved it all. Ah, thank you - I thought the links to the dining report would save me from typing it all out again... a cunning plan to encourage my own laziness

Hmm, it would take some amount of convincing for us to travel through Miami again... I mean, if it's better now then how much worse was it before I think you have the right idea with driving up to Orlando from there.

The villa was great for us, we really enjoyed the views each day. Evenings in the spa were fab! The rocket launch was a huge highlight for us both - a wonderful experience - and seeing the GF Gingerbread House was definitely one for me. It really is all about the memories .

Thank you so much for reading

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve really enjoyed this report.
We have missed not going this year so much

We are unlucky like you that our local airport BHX is useless only flights to MCO are TUI . We used to use United but they pulled out a couple of years ago , we tend to use Manchester now only bonus being I do enjoy a pre travel hotel stay

Resort hopping is something I’d love to do ,sadly I’d be on my own there’s no way any of my gang would entertain it.

A great read , thanks and now I’m off to read the food report
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I’ve really enjoyed this report.
We have missed not going this year so much

We are unlucky like you that our local airport BHX is useless only flights to MCO are TUI . We used to use United but they pulled out a couple of years ago , we tend to use Manchester now only bonus being I do enjoy a pre travel hotel stay

Resort hopping is something I’d love to do ,sadly I’d be on my own there’s no way any of my gang would entertain it.

A great read , thanks and now I’m off to read the food report
Thank you so much for reading. I'm sorry you missed your holiday this year - it's rubbish isn't it?

I do wish sometimes that we lived near a big airport, but you're right - a pre-travel hotel stay helps a bit.

Aw, that's a shame that your people wouldn't resort hop with you. My DH did think it was a bit pointless when I first mentioned it, but seeing as we didn't have plans to do much else he didn't have a reason not to come along! I think he enjoyed it (a bit) in the end.