Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
#21
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber
 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Looks good- The only thing Iíd say having done many many road trips and been to 27 States, is that this looks over ambitious to me and quite punishing. You may end up missing a lot of what is planned due to time constraints and all the lost time youíll inevitably face- stuck in jams, looking for parking, finding and walking places etc. You do run a risk of trying to pack so much in you actually donít see much at all. Iíve made this mistake myself and ended up changing itineries en route. You can also get sick of constantly moving on. I learnt this in my 20s and I now generally stay 4 nights minimum per stop. Iíll do 4 max on a 2 week trip.

Baton Rouge is great, not sure if you can still do it but we went up to the top of the Capitol Building and some nice ladies also showed us around the Governorís mansion.
__________________
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
NatsyNoo
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
They are all in my signature - Texas, Tennessee and Great Lakes should cover all the places you are going to.
Well I have just spent the last few evenings reading your trippies. I got some extra useful tips which I've made a note of. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and for sharing your trips!
__________________


Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
NatsyNoo
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Looks good- The only thing Iíd say having done many many road trips and been to 27 States, is that this looks over ambitious to me and quite punishing. You may end up missing a lot of what is planned due to time constraints and all the lost time youíll inevitably face- stuck in jams, looking for parking, finding and walking places etc. You do run a risk of trying to pack so much in you actually donít see much at all. Iíve made this mistake myself and ended up changing itineries en route. You can also get sick of constantly moving on. I learnt this in my 20s and I now generally stay 4 nights minimum per stop. Iíll do 4 max on a 2 week trip.

Baton Rouge is great, not sure if you can still do it but we went up to the top of the Capitol Building and some nice ladies also showed us around the Governorís mansion.
Ah thank you. Yes we know it's ambitious, it just grew and grew! We are fully prepared that we might not get everything done ... just an excuse to go back! We did an equally ambitious trip last year to the Asian Disney Parks and although tiring we did manage it, so I am hopeful we can soldier on! As you say, we can always mix up the plans as we travel around, as I have booked all cancellable room rates, except in Chicago

Thanks for the tip about Baton Rouge! We'll definitely check that out!
__________________


Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer
 
Beaker's Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Sounds like an amazing plan.
__________________

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
NatsyNoo
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Sounds like an amazing plan.
Aww thank you!
__________________


Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic
 
WileyCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11
What a fabulous trip you have planned. So many brilliant places.

Check out Flight in Memphis for An amazing food experience. I loved Memphis so much. Loved the Clinton library in Little Rock, the state capitol is worth a look if you can and the Root cafe is quirky. Those few days in Dallas sounds fab. We had 24 hours there and loved it. The YO steakhouse remains the best steak we have had anywhere in the world. Baton Rouge was another short stop for us, if you can get in to the Old State Capitol building down by the river it looks amazing from the pictures. And NOLA - we leave another piece of our hearts there on each trip we make. So many places to recommend. Nashville we werenít so keen on but had a day trip to Lynchburg and that was fun. We did like the Opry though and had an awesome meal at Skulls.

We visited most of Those places in 2017 and in 2019 picked up Baton Rouge and NOLA.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes in your favour for this fabulous adventure !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#27
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber
 
yellowrose78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Scotland

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Your trip sounds amazing, something I'd love to do in a few years. I hope you get to go this year and experience it
__________________
Yellowrose

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Back to Orlando June 2020
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
NatsyNoo
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a fabulous trip you have planned. So many brilliant places.

Check out Flight in Memphis for An amazing food experience. I loved Memphis so much. Loved the Clinton library in Little Rock, the state capitol is worth a look if you can and the Root cafe is quirky. Those few days in Dallas sounds fab. We had 24 hours there and loved it. The YO steakhouse remains the best steak we have had anywhere in the world. Baton Rouge was another short stop for us, if you can get in to the Old State Capitol building down by the river it looks amazing from the pictures. And NOLA - we leave another piece of our hearts there on each trip we make. So many places to recommend. Nashville we werenít so keen on but had a day trip to Lynchburg and that was fun. We did like the Opry though and had an awesome meal at Skulls.

We visited most of Those places in 2017 and in 2019 picked up Baton Rouge and NOLA.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes in your favour for this fabulous adventure !
Ah thank you! Iíve read your trippies and got loads of ideas from there so thank you! I will take a look at your comments this afternoon!
__________________


Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
NatsyNoo
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 09

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Your trip sounds amazing, something I'd love to do in a few years. I hope you get to go this year and experience it
Thank you!
__________________


Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
smithlane
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Ooh this trip sounds amazing and I really hope you get to go as I can't wait to read all about it!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2871
CaxtonFX  $1.2741
Covent Garden FX  $1.2868
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2922
M&S  $1.2686
Post Office  $1.2671
Sainsburys  $1.2842
TESCO  $1.2867
Travelex  $1.2750
Updated: 01:30 23/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0853
CaxtonFX  €1.0798
Covent Garden FX  €1.0975
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0897
M&S  €1.0703
Post Office  €1.0686
Sainsburys  €1.0831
TESCO  €1.0853
Travelex  €1.0807
Updated: 01:30 23/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now