Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ours is still sat at Saturday to Saturday as the flights haven’t been released yet. Hoping they change to the Friday instead of Manchester if there are changes to be made
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eiliko View Post
For us i think we will just be leaving it as is, the change was done automatically, we weren't asked our preference.

We'll just come back a day early, it's not great but extending isn't an option for us due to school and i can't be bothered with the hassle of indirect plus, after having to cancel from this May, I'll be happy to be able to go at all!
I get how you are feeling but paying for 14 and only getting 13 with no reduction in cost?
Surely you’ll have a word with them about that?
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
I get how you are feeling but paying for 14 and only getting 13 with no reduction in cost?
Surely you’ll have a word with them about that?
Oh yes, definitely, whenever we can get through to them or they eventually decide to contact us! I just meant the alternatives aren't really an option for us so I don't think we can extend the holiday any or go indirect.

It's still not changed on VH manage my booking yet for us so I'm assuming when it does there will be an option to contact them to discuss it and we'll be asking for some form of compensation for the lost day then 🙂
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Just had a call from Virgin Holidays as I filled out the form a month ago to change our accommodation booking to August 2021.

They confirmed that Virgin Atlantic will not be flying next year from Belfast.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Can I ask as a favour for info from anyone booked with VH, what they do when these flights are changed, when asked.

Do they:
1. Change your flight to a day early
2. Make the return flight non direct
3. Allow to book for 17 days

It seems inevitable that in 2 weeks time I’ll be dealing with this and I’m looking to be prepared for how to discuss things with them.

For us i think we will just be leaving it as is, the change was done automatically, we weren't asked our preference.

We'll just come back a day early, it's not great but extending isn't an option for us due to school and i can't be bothered with the hassle of indirect plus, after having to cancel from this May, I'll be happy to be able to go at all!
We're the opposite, they've extended us from 14 to 17 nights (supposed to be Fri to Fri now we're Wed to Fri). Also like you though we didn't get a say, it was just changed automatically on the date our seats became available to book on the flights. I got an email saying our booking was updated & when I logged on that's when I seen the changes (booked seats on the flights too just incase)

Manage my booking on the VH website updated to the new outbound date (inbound hadn't changed) - but they've also added on a random passenger to our booking & not extended our hotel stay, so they've made a mess of it.

Now I've got an email today asking to make a payment to get our Disney tickets so we can book the park days, but the amount they have quoted me to pay to get the tickets makes no sense & I can't speak to anyone as we're not travelling within the next 14 days.

I had a wee soft spot for VH & always preferred them with direct being an advantage... but I'm starting to get fed up with it all!

Edited at 03:23 PM.
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I wouldn’t be totally against the Wednesday out/Friday back but I’d like to know soon so we can consider how to do it. I’d also need to change hotel bookings.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
We're the opposite, they've extended us from 14 to 17 nights (supposed to be Fri to Fri now we're Wed to Fri). Also like you though we didn't get a say, it was just changed automatically on the date our seats became available to book on the flights. I got an email saying our booking was updated & when I logged on that's when I seen the changes (booked seats on the flights too just incase)

Manage my booking on the VH website updated to the new outbound date (inbound hadn't changed) - but they've also added on a random passenger to our booking & not extended our hotel stay, so they've made a mess of it.

Now I've got an email today asking to make a payment to get our Disney tickets so we can book the park days, but the amount they have quoted me to pay to get the tickets makes no sense & I can't speak to anyone as we're not travelling within the next 14 days.

I had a wee soft spot for VH & always preferred them with direct being an advantage... but I'm starting to get fed up with it all!
Yeah, that's consistent with what I'm hearing, they seem to be shortening the holiday for people going out on Saturdays and extending it for people going out on Fridays! My brother is going out a week before us on a Friday and this is exactly what has happened to his booking too.

We're the same, always loved VH but it's wearing thin now. I wish they'd just announce what it is they are doing and stick with it so everyone knows where they stand and can make alternative arrangements if needed.
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I wouldn’t be totally against the Wednesday out/Friday back but I’d like to know soon so we can consider how to do it. I’d also need to change hotel bookings.
Exactly this - Hubby & I have spoken & said we'd be fine to do the extra nights so long as those extra nights in the hotel don't cost too much... but I've went in to try & do a booking at the hotel for the few extra nights & it says there's no availability, that's worrying. Plus we have car hire so would need to amend that too.

Yeah, that's consistent with what I'm hearing, they seem to be shortening the holiday for people going out on Saturdays and extending it for people going out on Fridays! My brother is going out a week before us on a Friday and this is exactly what has happened to his booking too.

We're the same, always loved VH but it's wearing thin now. I wish they'd just announce what it is they are doing and stick with it so everyone knows where they stand and can make alternative arrangements if needed.
Same here, I just want to know my dates so I can sort car hire etc out - my annual leave in work shouldn't be too bad as I had already booked the Thursday - Fri off, so just 1 more day at the start to book.

I'm hoping with non essential retail in shopping centres opening on Monday the VH stores will announce opening dates & we can nip over to Braehead & see someone. Would rather speak to someone face to face & just sort it out. I don't want to cancel, just sort my booking... then I'll maybe then feel a bit better about having to pay out for Disney tickets so early to book the parks
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have to say though, I’m a bit annoyed about the confirmation on Twitter that they were flying every Friday and Saturday from the 2nd January. I mean I didn’t really believe them but that’s not the point.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So our outbound flight was released on Thursday. We’re on an A330-300 at the moment. Saturday 12th june leaving at 12noon arriving at 4pm. Another 2 1/2 weeks to find out about the return flight and see what they’ve done with us
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List