Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
R L A
Chilling at Carribean Beach
 
R L A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 20
Advice- pregnancy, babies, and APs

Hi all,

Never been to DLP and having had two wdw hols canx this year Feeling the Disney blues, and as Iíve always wanted to go to dlp, I was considering getting an AP as Iíve read theyíre good value compared to individual packages.

Iím currently pregnant- any advice on what itís like there for us pregnant ladies?

Then as baby is due jan, could then go again next year with the baby at various ages up to like 9/10 months - so whatís it like there for tiny infants?

OR am I being a bonkers hormonal woman and should just cool my jets? !

Thanks guys xx
__________________
Disney dreaminí
R L A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 18
Location: North East
They can be quite strict about what you can ride in DLP when pregnant, my sil went when pregant with twins so larger than normal and she basically couldnt ride anything but she enjoyed the atmosphere.
We took my youngest at aged 9mth, my nephew age 11mth then my 2 nieces when they were 10mth and they loved it, got on quite a lot of rides with them but this depends on cast members. You do see a lot of babies at DLP. Only you know if can manage with a baby. I would suggest taking your own travel kettle at the mo as its not being provided in the hotels that did provide coffee machines. I would have went with very young children but i have been many time previous to me having children so knew where everything was.
DiszeeBelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer
 
Lisa_Lollipop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12
I went to Disneyland in California whilst pregnant (about 15 weeks so not physically noticeable) and despite having to miss out on many rides I had the most wonderful time. For me Disney is so much more than just the rides

Also we took our LB to DLP for the first time when he was 9 months old and it was truly magical! And much easier than when we took him again at 18 months and nearly 2! So much easier when they can't walk A baby carrier was a must for us, so much easier in the queues than having to hold him in our arms!

I have done trip reports of all our trips so feel free to have a read if they will be of help or happy to answer any questions!

Edited at 10:14 AM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 18
Location: North East
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I went to Disneyland in California whilst pregnant (about 15 weeks so not physically noticeable) and despite having to miss out on many rides I had the most wonderful time. For me Disney is so much more than just the rides

Also we took our LB to DLP for the first time when we he was 9 months old and it was truly magical! And much easier than when we took him again at 18 months and nearly 2! So much easier when they can't walk A baby carrier was a must for us, so much easier in the queues than having to hold him in our arms!

I have done trip reports of all our trips so feel free to have a read if they will be of help or happy to answer any questions!
I found it much easier when they couldnt walk or talk haha
DiszeeBelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
R L A
Thread Starter
Chilling at Carribean Beach
 
R L A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 20
Haha, both those posts made me laugh lol! Thanks for the encouragement
__________________
Disney dreaminí
R L A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Enchanted
Imagineer
 
Enchanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10
I personally wouldn't go when pregnant, I'd be absolutely gutted to miss out on the rides and DH wouldn't want to sit on all the Fantasyland rides without me as he'd feel like a plonker They are very strict at DLP so there's really only a couple of things you could enjoy.

DS has been to DLP at age 18mths and for his 2nd Birthday. At age 2 was amazing! He understood waiting, and knew all the characters, age 18mths he was just so excited to be there but did have a much shorter queuing ability. We've done other holidays too, his first at 9mths to Majorca and that was lovely.
It does depend a lot on your baby and your parenting style though too. We're really easy going (as was DS purely by luck!) Don't do routines on holiday, DS ate regular food at 9mths and milk given at room temperature. So we've always found holidays really easy and relaxed.
We've booked DLP again for next September, DS will be 3.5yrs and new baby will be 7.5mths. Can't wait
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
R L A
Thread Starter
Chilling at Carribean Beach
 
R L A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 20
We decided against going in the end. Like you say I didnít want to miss out on almost everything and with the risk of quarantine being brought back this could cause problems with work and would need the mil to look after our little dog for even longer etc! Just wasnít kinda worth it when we pro and coníd everything.
I think Iím going to book for next September 😁 with the baby being 8 mnths yay!

(Ps. I plan on being a laid back parent too... letís hope I stick to it!)
__________________
Disney dreaminí
R L A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Location: Nottingham
Originally Posted by R L A View Post
Hi all,

Never been to DLP and having had two wdw hols canx this year Feeling the Disney blues, and as Iíve always wanted to go to dlp, I was considering getting an AP as Iíve read theyíre good value compared to individual packages.

Iím currently pregnant- any advice on what itís like there for us pregnant ladies?

Then as baby is due jan, could then go again next year with the baby at various ages up to like 9/10 months - so whatís it like there for tiny infants?

OR am I being a bonkers hormonal woman and should just cool my jets? !

Thanks guys xx

Hi, im pregnant too, due in December
I also considered going this year before baby comes but decided against it as i feel like i would miss out on too much.

The plan now is to go in December next year for babys first birthday and also Christmas!
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
R L A
Thread Starter
Chilling at Carribean Beach
 
R L A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 20
Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Hi, im pregnant too, due in December
I also considered going this year before baby comes but decided against it as i feel like i would miss out on too much.

The plan now is to go in December next year for babys first birthday and also Christmas!
Hey congratulations Iím not that far behind you!
Itís easy to get swept up into the excitement isnít it and want to go, but youíre right about the missing out part. plus with the quarantine now in place, it was def the right decision

Sounds like a brill idea about going for Xmas and babyís 1st birthday. Weíre currently considering booking for next September, so baby would be 9 mnths, but still a little unsure. Plus weíve got open virgin flights to use by 2022 so weíre def gonna take little one to Florida as soon as we can so maybe dlp for another time! Everything is all so up in the air.

Hope your pregnancy is going well xx xx
__________________
Disney dreaminí
R L A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Location: Nottingham
Originally Posted by R L A View Post
Hey congratulations Iím not that far behind you!
Itís easy to get swept up into the excitement isnít it and want to go, but youíre right about the missing out part. plus with the quarantine now in place, it was def the right decision

Sounds like a brill idea about going for Xmas and babyís 1st birthday. Weíre currently considering booking for next September, so baby would be 9 mnths, but still a little unsure. Plus weíve got open virgin flights to use by 2022 so weíre def gonna take little one to Florida as soon as we can so maybe dlp for another time! Everything is all so up in the air.

Hope your pregnancy is going well xx xx
Thanks, its going... ok lol
Seem to always have something wrong with me at the minute but baby is doing fine.

I think our plan is DLP first to get her (force her) into it

Then Florida 2022, if we can.

Are you finding out what youre having?
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »
Posted in The London Resort
On 12th October 3:40pm
The London Resort, one of the most ambitious projects in Europe, today released some of... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2683
CaxtonFX  $1.2641
Covent Garden FX  $1.2843
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2702
M&S  $1.2489
Post Office  $1.2487
Sainsburys  $1.2655
TESCO  $1.2679
Travelex  $1.2629
Updated: 16:00 20/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0773
CaxtonFX  €1.0682
Covent Garden FX  €1.0791
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0831
M&S  €1.0608
Post Office  €1.0600
Sainsburys  €1.0753
TESCO  €1.0770
Travelex  €1.0658
Updated: 16:00 20/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now