Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#31
kl is excited
Excited about Disney
 
kl is excited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 08
Booking for DLPHotel from 7/12/20

A friend of mine has just told me DLP hotel is closed until 8/12/20 she has just received an email re hotel openings as she is an annual pass holder. We have heard nothing whatsoever from Disney regarding our booking, I have tried ringing them without success. We are really disappointed as we booked for December stay on 31st January so we could take advantage of the special promotions I.e. free full board. If we have to cancel and book again we have to pay full price which is £3000 more to say we are upset is an understatement. The email does say we can possibly change to NPB which at the time of our original booking was £1500 cheaper now it’s around same price so wouldn’t be getting anything back and wouldn’t have full board. I’m going to ring again to see if we can have 1st night in NpB and then the rest of our stay in Disneyland hotel. Has anybody done this before I.e. splitting between two hotels.and what do you think Disney could do for us.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#32
Sarryb
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Sarryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 16
Originally Posted by kl is excited View Post
A friend of mine has just told me DLP hotel is closed until 8/12/20 she has just received an email re hotel openings as she is an annual pass holder. We have heard nothing whatsoever from Disney regarding our booking, I have tried ringing them without success. We are really disappointed as we booked for December stay on 31st January so we could take advantage of the special promotions I.e. free full board. If we have to cancel and book again we have to pay full price which is £3000 more to say we are upset is an understatement. The email does say we can possibly change to NPB which at the time of our original booking was £1500 cheaper now it’s around same price so wouldn’t be getting anything back and wouldn’t have full board. I’m going to ring again to see if we can have 1st night in NpB and then the rest of our stay in Disneyland hotel. Has anybody done this before I.e. splitting between two hotels.and what do you think Disney could do for us.
I actually think it's the least that they can do! Otherwise that's a terrible deal for you!

I hope they sort you out! Xx
Sarryb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#33
kl is excited
Excited about Disney
 
kl is excited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 08
Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I actually think it's the least that they can do! Otherwise that's a terrible deal for you!

I hope they sort you out! Xx
Thanks Sarryb, I hope so too but I’m not holding my breath.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#34
rayraygreen
VIP Dibber
 
rayraygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 14
Location: Yorkshire
We’ve been moved from Cheyenne to Newport Bay. We’re due to go end of November so just desperately hoping the quarantine isn’t still in place. 🙁
__________________
Walt Disney World - 1999, 2001, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2021
Disneyland Paris - 2014, 2015, 2019
Disneyland CA - 2016, 2018
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#35
Gill H
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Location: London

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
We’ve been moved from Cheyenne to Newport Bay. We’re due to go end of November so just desperately hoping the quarantine isn’t still in place. 🙁
Did they contact you or did you phone? I have been told they will email but getting antsy now!

We paid £400 (AP rate) for 4 nights at Cheyenne in November. A free upgrade to NPB would be a bargain!
__________________
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#36
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
We’ve been moved from Cheyenne to Newport Bay. We’re due to go end of November so just desperately hoping the quarantine isn’t still in place. 🙁
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Did they contact you or did you phone? I have been told they will email but getting antsy now!

We paid £400 (AP rate) for 4 nights at Cheyenne in November. A free upgrade to NPB would be a bargain!
I'm awaiting the promised email for Cheyenne at the end of November too. Shall I ring - shan't I ring ... ours wasn't a bargain like yours Gill but I'd still love an upgrade - or actually any real info! We booked Air France flights through DLP too which complicates it further for cancellations I suppose.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5; DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1; DCL Magic
BOOKED - WDW Beach Club Sept '20 (cancelled). DLP Cheyenne Nov '20 (cancelled)
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#37
rayraygreen
VIP Dibber
 
rayraygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 14
Location: Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Did they contact you or did you phone? I have been told they will email but getting antsy now!

We paid £400 (AP rate) for 4 nights at Cheyenne in November. A free upgrade to NPB would be a bargain!
I called today and asked and she said I could change it to NPB, cancel it or change my dates but I'd have to pay the difference if we changed dates so I just changed hotel for now and we're going to wait it out a bit longer to see what the situation is like.
__________________
Walt Disney World - 1999, 2001, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2021
Disneyland Paris - 2014, 2015, 2019
Disneyland CA - 2016, 2018
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
#38
Gill H
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 08
Location: London

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Trying to phone but it’s just cutting off.

I did try yesterday and there was a message saying if your booking was after a certain date in November, to ring back in October! I gather they are dealing with the September bookings first (fair enough) so will just have to sit tight and wait at the moment.
__________________
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 10:26 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#39
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Trying to phone but it’s just cutting off.

I did try yesterday and there was a message saying if your booking was after a certain date in November, to ring back in October! I gather they are dealing with the September bookings first (fair enough) so will just have to sit tight and wait at the moment.
I'm still doing the same but it's very annoying that people who've booked with Magic Breaks and other companies have been informed by the TA and had hotels / dates already changed for hols going well into 2021 when DLP customers seem to getting left. I hope NPB isn't full by the time they get round to us.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5; DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1; DCL Magic
BOOKED - WDW Beach Club Sept '20 (cancelled). DLP Cheyenne Nov '20 (cancelled)
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#40
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm just off the phone, if it wasn't for fb and this forum we'd still be completely unaware that Cheyenne was closing.
The NPB has no availability for our stay (November 22nd - 25th) so we can't be moved. To be fair I think meal times etc are going to be manic with the hotel absolutely full and many other restaurants closed.
I've cancelled and will rebook when we make our minds up what to do. We are getting flight costs back however which I was unsure about. DD doesn't know yet, I think looking forward to the trip is all that's kept her going through shielding etc.

2020 - The year that just keeps giving!
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5; DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1; DCL Magic
BOOKED - WDW Beach Club Sept '20 (cancelled). DLP Cheyenne Nov '20 (cancelled)
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »
Posted in The London Resort
On 12th October 3:40pm
The London Resort, one of the most ambitious projects in Europe, today released some of... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2683
CaxtonFX  $1.2641
Covent Garden FX  $1.2843
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2702
M&S  $1.2489
Post Office  $1.2487
Sainsburys  $1.2655
TESCO  $1.2679
Travelex  $1.2629
Updated: 16:00 20/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0773
CaxtonFX  €1.0682
Covent Garden FX  €1.0791
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0831
M&S  €1.0608
Post Office  €1.0600
Sainsburys  €1.0753
TESCO  €1.0770
Travelex  €1.0658
Updated: 16:00 20/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now