Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Location: Nottingham
Babies and height restrictions at DLP

Hi,

Im going through the info on each ride on the Disney website so see what the height/age restrictions are.

Planning to take a 1 year old. Ive realised there are ALOT that say 'any height' but would a 1 year old really be able to ride all these? (with us obviously)

Are there any particular ones you would recommend we dont try, or any that you have been turned away from by the cast member?

Thanks
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 14
Location: Cairneyhill
Some good advice about age restrictions on this page ;

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Rid...DLP-p-613.html


Https://dlptips/advice/ride-restrictions/

Edited at 11:11 PM.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink
 
digdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
We had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us.

We took them on everything that was allowed for them.

The slinky dog ride, 1 year old didnít like it, he actually cried although I thought it was quite a mild ride.

Cars ride, both hated it but it is quite fast and spinny I think.

Ratatouille ride, 1 year old didnít mind this, he rode it about 3 times. A few moments he wasnít so keen on. But he warmed to it.

Pirates of the Caribbean, rode it twice, the drops were a bit scary to them but otherwise okay.

The train in fantasyland, itís a small world, autopia, dumbo, teacups, flying carpets, orbitron, phantom manor, the carousel weíre all winners

We just tried them and hoped 😊
X
__________________
BECKY xx


8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
skinnybaby
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Location: Nottingham
Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
Some good advice about age restrictions on this page ;

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Rid...DLP-p-613.html


Https://dlptips/advice/ride-restrictions/
Interesting why the Casey Jr train wouldnt be suitable for under 1s?
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
skinnybaby
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Location: Nottingham
Originally Posted by digdisney View Post
We had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us.

We took them on everything that was allowed for them.

The slinky dog ride, 1 year old didnít like it, he actually cried although I thought it was quite a mild ride.

Cars ride, both hated it but it is quite fast and spinny I think.

Ratatouille ride, 1 year old didnít mind this, he rode it about 3 times. A few moments he wasnít so keen on. But he warmed to it.

Pirates of the Caribbean, rode it twice, the drops were a bit scary to them but otherwise okay.

The train in fantasyland, itís a small world, autopia, dumbo, teacups, flying carpets, orbitron, phantom manor, the carousel weíre all winners

We just tried them and hoped 😊
X
Thanks, i think we would do the same and just see how things go
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 14
Location: Cairneyhill
It may be the carriages sometimes coming to a quick stop or perhaps just the speed as it can go a fair clip (from a babies perspective). Like the page says though, it is just guidance & it's parents choice which rides they believe are ok.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer
 
Lisa_Lollipop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12
We took our LB at 9 months and took him on everything that has no height restriction (except Cars, for some reason the CM asked how old he was and as under 1 they wouldn't let him ride... there doesn't seem to be a restriction, it just depends on the CM!)

He was absolutely fine on everything, Slinky Dog was probably the most tricky as they wouldn't let him sit on our lap so had to sit on the bench between us so it was a challenge to make sure I didn't slide over and squash him as we sat him between us!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
skinnybaby
Thread Starter
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 13
Location: Nottingham
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We took our LB at 9 months and took him on everything that has no height restriction (except Cars, for some reason the CM asked how old he was and as under 1 they wouldn't let him ride... there doesn't seem to be a restriction, it just depends on the CM!)

He was absolutely fine on everything, Slinky Dog was probably the most tricky as they wouldn't let him sit on our lap so had to sit on the bench between us so it was a challenge to make sure I didn't slide over and squash him as we sat him between us!
Hi,

Thankyou, i read all your trip reports when i found out i was pregnant
Im not due till December, got to plan ahead haha
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Enchanted
Imagineer
 
Enchanted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10
We took a one year old and he loved everything! His firm favourites were Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
In fact the only thing he's ever been scared on is Peter Pan for some strange reason!

Taking him back for his third trip next September, he'll be 2.5 and our new baby will be 8mths.
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer
 
Lisa_Lollipop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12
Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Hi,

Thankyou, i read all your trip reports when i found out i was pregnant
Im not due till December, got to plan ahead haha
Oh that's so lovely, I hope you found them helpful!

Disney with a baby is certainly a whole different ball game, but oh my goodness... just the most magical! You are in for the most fun times ahead
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »
Posted in The London Resort
On 12th October 3:40pm
The London Resort, one of the most ambitious projects in Europe, today released some of... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2683
CaxtonFX  $1.2645
Covent Garden FX  $1.2844
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2702
M&S  $1.2489
Post Office  $1.2487
Sainsburys  $1.2655
TESCO  $1.2679
Travelex  $1.2629
Updated: 15:00 20/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0773
CaxtonFX  €1.0699
Covent Garden FX  €1.0852
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0831
M&S  €1.0608
Post Office  €1.0600
Sainsburys  €1.0753
TESCO  €1.0770
Travelex  €1.0658
Updated: 15:00 20/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now