Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Sep 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

The Quest For Toad - The No Queues Trip 2019 - Day 8: Blizzard Beach and Into The Void

Day 8, and the second water-park day. Despite the fact that waterslides seem to have fallen down the priority list for the youngsters (although not for me...), a morning at a waterpark is still welcome for all.

If you're not a waterslide fan, it's a morning to relax on a sunbed.

Or to spot little lizards

As we get in (after a Denny's breakfast, where some of us have elected for wholegrain pancakes. Which look healthy, but my God, they're filling), we seize a handful of sunbeds and DW marshalls the troops.

DD1 and DD2 are sunbathing. DD1BF and myself are sent off towards Summit Plummet ("As you'll be good for nothing until you've got that out of your system. Go do that, and the other main slides before the queues turn up, while I bob with The Lad")

We obediently jog off.

There's already a short line up there, but we're on quite quickly.

We're down even quicker.

Straight back up for Slush Gusher (I warn DD1BF that you can get air on the last rise on this one).

Back up again at a jog (This is relaxing?) to get onto Teamboat Springs before the queues get too long.

We touch base with DW after our descent and she sends us to tick off a couple of the Purple Slopes. The queue up to Summit Plummet has lengthened and we even have to queue for a short while for Snow Stormers, but it's a lot of fun. Downhill Double Dipper has a lengthier queue, so we don't do that until later, after I've had a bob with The Lad.

Before we go, we manage to find the Red Slopes (which were sort of concealed around the back) and have a nice go down those.

Shortly after lunchtime, we're off towards Disney Springs. As we park up, I get DD2, DD1BF, and myself booked in at Into the Void - a full immersion Star Wars experience (DW and DD1 prefer to do the shops).

It's an amazing experience - you wear Stormtrooper helmets with virtual reality screens inside to put you into a Star Wars world. DD2 was a very petite stromtrooper (wearing a pink band).

I can report that no matter how often you "accidentally" shoot each other, you can't kill each other. Although DD2 certainly tried.

Disney Springs has expanded and improved since the last time we were here, although you can no longer get Baileys Milkshakes. You can, though, get some very nice ice creams. Black Cherry, Coconut, and Cream Custard might sound like an 'interesting' combination, but I can swear by it.

(Mind you, the bill might cause you to swear at it).

Some present shopping for relatives, a scour around the Lego Shop and other shops, and... of course, no bloody Toad. We're starting to run short on time.

Back to the villa for a rest before doing Ponderosa again for a big buffet. It's got that big store attached and if we go around it... we'll not find any damn Toads.

All the tourist stores have failed. All four Disney Parks have failed. Florida's Mall has failed. Disney Springs has failed. Even Busch Gardens has failed. I'm not holding out much hope that KSC will have one, so I'm reduced to hoping for the Universal Parks or City Walk coming through. Or Sea World, of course, but what are the odds of that?

Still - it's the only blemish on a near-perfect holiday so far. Batteries recharged and ready to drive across Florida tomorrow. That rocket launch is still on schedule, with an 80% chance of launching on time, it says. I scope out some places to watch from. There are better vantage points, but Cocoa Beach looks to be easy to find, have parking available and facilities available, and a decent view, so we'll target that.

Early to bed for an early rise tomorrow. And hopefully the first time any of us will have seen a live rocket launch!
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame you still can’t find toad

Joan
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Hope the launch goes ahead. Camera at the ready !
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a great day, no way am I brave enough for those slides though! Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful Toad find.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Excited about Disney

What a great report! It is tiring just reading it. Really do hope you find Toad.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List