Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#11
Donnalou36
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Donnalou36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 16
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
I know, I did wonder when I posted but thought it might offer a pointer to try Delta. It surprised us as usually we do BA but they were another £600+
Thanks for the tip. Will have a look.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#12
Donnalou36
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Donnalou36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 16
Mobile

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Just as a point of reference Iíve booked with virgin from Manchester for beginning of school hols ..around 19th July and paid £595 each direct ..which Iím pretty happy about from Manchester
Amazing price for direct. Thank you.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#13
princessnicki
Apprentice Imagineer
 
princessnicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 19
i am waiting for 31st august and looking at the rest of summer with virgin the prices look crazy
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#14
Pupbelly
Excited about Disney
 
Pupbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
i am waiting for 31st august and looking at the rest of summer with virgin the prices look crazy
The Delta flights we've got are essentially Virgin (they code share / use Virgin planes) but are substantially cheaper than Virgin strangely Its not the first time we have struck lucky with Delta so worth a look for sure
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
#15
princessnicki
Apprentice Imagineer
 
princessnicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 19
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
The Delta flights we've got are essentially Virgin (they code share / use Virgin planes) but are substantially cheaper than Virgin strangely Its not the first time we have struck lucky with Delta so worth a look for sure
thank you do Delta do the Premium Economy option like Virgin? I want the extra luggage option and it is usually cheaper just to upgrade than pay for them for each flight
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
#16
Pupbelly
Excited about Disney
 
Pupbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
thank you do Delta do the Premium Economy option like Virgin? I want the extra luggage option and it is usually cheaper just to upgrade than pay for them for each flight
Yes it seems that Delta have extra levels of seating with Economy Delight giving all the perks but without the extra 23kg luggage (so just one bag rather than 2 x 23kg with Premium Economy).

There may be other bits that Economy Delight don't have compared with Premium Economy, but it looked like only the luggage difference to me. Might be worth looking at Economy Delight and paying to add an extra bag rather than pay full PE cost? I'm sure other Dibbers might be able to offer a more accurate comparison.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
#17
princessnicki
Apprentice Imagineer
 
princessnicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 19
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Yes it seems that Delta have extra levels of seating with Economy Delight giving all the perks but without the extra 23kg luggage (so just one bag rather than 2 x 23kg with Premium Economy).

There may be other bits that Economy Delight don't have compared with Premium Economy, but it looked like only the luggage difference to me. Might be worth looking at Economy Delight and paying to add an extra bag rather than pay full PE cost? I'm sure other Dibbers might be able to offer a more accurate comparison.
I looked at that but because we need 4 flights (as we are going to Boston and Orlando) i think we would need to pay per bag per flight so Premium was the cheaper option
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#18
TheHughesCrew
Apprentice Imagineer
 
TheHughesCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19
Mobile

We're going 27th July - 24th August.

LHR, Miami, Tampa out

Tampa, Gatwick home

Paid £3085 for 2 adults, 2 teens, with a standard SUV for the whole month. Approx car cost is £1k, so flights are £500 each. Booked with BA as their booking policy seems as flexible as any. Here's hoping we get there!
TheHughesCrew is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
#19
Pupbelly
Excited about Disney
 
Pupbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I looked at that but because we need 4 flights (as we are going to Boston and Orlando) i think we would need to pay per bag per flight so Premium was the cheaper option
princessnicki - interesting as we were due to go to Boston this October but it has been cancelled (by BA) and go to Orlando in November (also BA) so we were going to do a Boston then onto Orlando session in 2021 but the flight costs seemed barmy because of the one way flights. Have you any tips?
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#20
princessnicki
Apprentice Imagineer
 
princessnicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 19
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
princessnicki - interesting as we were due to go to Boston this October but it has been cancelled (by BA) and go to Orlando in November (also BA) so we were going to do a Boston then onto Orlando session in 2021 but the flight costs seemed barmy because of the one way flights. Have you any tips?
Well I actually booked May 2021 when the flights were first released in June and it was roughly £1700 for two adults through Virgin flying Premium, (Manchester to New York with Virgin, New York to Boston with Delta, Boston to Orlando with Delta, Orlando to Manchester) I am not sure what Economy was but I was happy with the Premium price.
But we want to move it to Aug/Sept now and looking at the prices across the board for summer to compare it ranges from £2400-£3000 for two even my booked dates for May have shot up dramatically.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2670
CaxtonFX  $1.2627
Covent Garden FX  $1.2751
FAIRFX  $1.2690
John Lewis  $1.2695
M&S  $1.2454
Post Office  $1.2449
Sainsburys  $1.2638
TESCO  $1.2669
Travelex  $1.2600
Updated: 04:30 31/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0852
CaxtonFX  €1.0809
Covent Garden FX  €1.0963
FAIRFX  €1.0830
John Lewis  €1.0872
M&S  €1.0664
Post Office  €1.0661
Sainsburys  €1.0828
TESCO  €1.0849
Travelex  €1.0800
Updated: 04:30 31/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now