Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I interesting unlike others I usually book flights first, as they seem to vary most whereas accommodation is pretty constant. Mind you that is when staying in a hotel. When we want a particular villa we book before flights are available. Dibb Villa owners and I expect many others are usually OK to have a bit of flexibility in dates until flights are confirmed.

I currently have on going insurance through bank, but when I didn’t had done research and pretty much knew who I was going with and booked as soon as first expensive non recoverable cost incurred!

ESTA not too worried about it’s either in place or I replace about three months before going if due to expire. Yes would be screwed if ESTA rejected.

Tickets I keep an eye out for a good deposit only deal and book when I see them. Ticket prices don’t seem to vary much

We don’t bother with airport hotel but things like that airport parking etc I just keep an eye out for better prices and book a couple of months before needed
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

I want to fly from Manchester next August, so I now just go straight for the wine as current prices are horrendous.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

We normally book flights first, then car, villa and insurance ASAP after as flights / prices can be all over the place. Esta can wait till a few months before we go depending on when the last one expires

For 2021 we did choose a really nice villa early then the flights haven't worked out to match so I had to call and move the dates of the villa. Its not ideal as all villa dates weren't available so we'll find somewhere else to stay for the first few days
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlered
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Ok which sequence do people tend to book the DIY holidays in

Esta
Holiday insurance
Flights
Accomodation
Car hire
Park tickets
Glass of wine
Glass of wine in the beginning, whilst booking and at the end!

I have insurance with my bank, which is handy.

I generally book the villa first (in the past a couple of years in advance )

Then followed by flights/car (fly drive).

Park tickets we booked as we have to say what Disney parks we want to go to (normally we would held off until the new year.

Last but not least Esta if they are out of date.

Good luck
Littlered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List