Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We changed our holiday in the first few weeks of lockdown quickly and easily. We have spoken to Virgin on the telephone several times about our ‘second’ holiday and have been happy with the service and advice. We shall be altering our holiday once again in another month to 2021 (hopefully) and are happy to continue to book holidays with Virgin.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We rearranged our Oct 20 holiday with VH to June next year. All the staff I spoke to have been absolutely lovely and so so helpful. Can’t fault them for my experience. Will continue to book with them as my preferred holiday company and flying from glasgow
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I would book with anyone who gives great service and if the price is right.
I’ve got a hotel booked with Virgin which was moved from this year to next with no problems. The problem I find with virgin is the cost. We have to travel peak holiday times (ideally from Manchester but will fly from elsewhere) and the prices always seem considerably dearer than other carriers.
I know people have waited long times for refunds and that would put me off but wouldn’t discount travelling with them if the price was right.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I know that Virgin have treated customer's appallingly and whatever their justification for this they have broken the law!

We were not affected, because although we have always flown with Virgin from London airports in the past, we chose for this year to book, firstly with Thomas Cook, and then with TUI from Manchester as we now live in the north. TUI refunded us in full very quickly after announcing cancellation.

Having said that, our next trip (God willing) will be in 2022 and have booked a Virgin Flydrive, it may be a little more costly in the long run, but at least I only had to pay deposit rather than full flight price. I made two stupid mistakes when booking online, firstly wrong date (I know - like I said stupid) and secondly date of birth. I had to ring them twice to sort it out because although I realised the travel date mistake immediately I didn't realise about the date of birth until the next day. The people I spoke to on the phone couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful.

As others have said, options flying out of Manchester are limited

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Had Virgin flight as part of our package for '20, which obviously didn't happen... spec'd Virgin in the package for our rebooked '21 trip.

Car rental was also through Virgin/Alamo, refund in the bank today actually (though I was happy for them to keep it and put it against next year's booking)... Likely I'll still use Virgin for '21, as the prices for my required booking beat DFCH by a bit, and Alamo Brits by a lot.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sacratini28
Trainee Dibber

We were booked with Virgin for May 20 and ended up having to go to small claims court to get a refund, as we just weren't getting anywhere !

However,we book with them because they offer the best product for us, and hence,when we decided to re-book for 2021,we have booked with Virgin again !

I fully understand peoples issue with the way they have acted, but still feel they offer the best overall experience/price
sacratini28 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Another one driven by airmiles, we still have enough for 2 x UC returns so will use them, I'm hesitant to book with them because of how they've treated their customers though.

I do like flying with them so don't want to cut off my nose to spite my face BUT would only book with them through Amex, which is how we got our money back from our August trip this year, they've lost my trust completely.

Air miles aside, no I wouldn't consider them, very happy with BA.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Took the open ticket option and have rebooked for SFO August 2021.

Car hire was refunded on 120 days.

No issues with using them again, but forewarned is forearmed.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dublingirl View Post
I have been flying with Virgin to the US for over 30 years and have never had a bad experience with them. We were booked for May this year and were able to re book our reward seats for May 2021 with no problem. We always fly business class and, for us, Virgin offer by far the best business product. I will continue to use them for as long as I can.
Same here cept we rebooked twice-May20 to Aug20 to May 21. I’m currently waiting to book Sept 21 flights.

Had no problem rebooking via Snapchat each time - just had to pay more for the 21 flights - £230pp - which I thought was reasonable. £1270pp for Premium seats. My Special Assistance requests were automatically transferred each time.

We always pay by CC so we have the ‘chargeback’ etc options if things go wrong but I do appreciate that some people have had to wait far too long for refunds.

We live about 20:30 mins drive from Mcr airport so are limited on choice. If the prices get silly, we’d consider TUI to Sanford. Aer Lingus is fine. B.A. would be if not for the Heathrow/Gatwick transfer but we’d always rather fly direct if possible.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

The Virgin prices from Manchester are ridiculous for next year so after never flying with anyone else to Orlando, I will probably go with whoever has the best deal for September (whether it's direct or indirect)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List