Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

What to do... DDP question

I know this is a kind of "How long is a piece of string question" but due to the exchange rate I'm wondering if it's worth adding the DDP to our booking. I keep going back and forth and I'm just not sure what to do. The reason I'm wondering if it would be worth doing is because I'm concerned that the £ may decline whilst we're over there in a couple of weeks and therefore make food more expensive. The £ isn't great at the moment obviously but if we bought the plan now then at least we secure the current rate.

What do you guys think I should do? What would you do in this situation?
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Probably not the best person to ask as I don't think it's good value to begin with! Just unfortunate that we have to buy it at the $ rate though as it's not far off £10 cheaper paying £55. I think it all depends on your meal plans & whether you plan on spending $76/person/day.
If you have looked at my recent FX post then you will know that I ordered/moved all our money, 2 days ago- gutted moving at $1.20 but forecasters are predicting worse & didn't want to take that risk! Of course it it moves North to $1.30 I'll be crying my eyes out!
So my advice, change your Food money now but don't buy the plan
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
do you always eat onsite that might make you decide and do you have a car ?

we like to be flexible and to have to stick to an ADR everyday we would hate

we ate a meal from a Disney restaurant at DS and then ate 2 nights later offsite, now the surroundings were different but the meal was more or less like for like and honestly the difference in cost was $120

Edited at 05:06 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have children so usually stay eating on site every trip. This year we have thoroughly enjoyed eating off site. Better value and better food and service.

Next trip we will definitely mix it up and eat off site far more. I wouldn’t buy the ddp personally, but in the past I have looked at menus and priced up what I will eat plus tip and have done the maths as to whether TIW or ddp is better value. We would rather an appetiser than dessert so I factor that in too.

If I’m the ddp works for you I would buy now. Better to be safe than sorry and kicking yourself if you don’t buy.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019

Edited at 04:45 PM.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Probably I am the last person to ask!

DDP:-

Cons. Too much food, overpriced and poor quality.

Pros. Snacks are handy and it gives you certainty.

But for us a total waste of money as we share a lunch and even have maybe 2 appetisers and 1 entree in the evening or vice versa. Hence it wont work out in our favour.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies everyone. Still undecided, it’s not get me that gets to make the decisions. Not sure we would eat all that food though, not even on QS. We will be just eating on site though as this is a full on a Disney trip. January will be different.
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t buy DDP, but would go and change up at least half my spending money, hedging bets so to speak
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We added it on for our September trip for added certainty and ease really. We realise it might not save us money but we like having it all paid for
Florida Gator is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I would put the money on to a prepaid card if you’re unsure about the rate. I don’t think it’s worth paying for the dining plan, especially with a 2 year old who may need her own meals but wouldn’t get credits. My daughter was the same age yours will be on our last trip and she almost exclusively had her own meals at TS restaurants.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are in the same position as you - go in about a week - family of 4 previously had the DDP.

We have made the decision this time to try without it. Have purchased the tables in wonderland card as we do have several meals booked. We also have a landry card and its my birthday in August so that will help.

I plan on making a complete list of everything we spend money on food and drink wise separating out tips so that afterwards I can compare and see if DDP would have been better. We won't know until we try it without so this is that trip!

More panicing over the currency as we haven't changed any over yet! - hoping for a minor miracle but inclined to take minimal cash and use starling and Halifax clarity for everything.