Old 17 Jun 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Pacific Northwest Aug 2019 - Day 12 Winthrop and the American West

We enjoyed another lie-in before heading for the hotel breakfast which turned out to be quite good with fresh fruit and smoothies too which we appreciated as we were getting a little fed up with cake/waffles etc.

After breakfast we packed up and headed to Winthrop via a very scenic highway. The drive took a couple of hours and we stopped for a break at Chelan Falls Park on the banks of the Chelan River.

We arrived in Winthrop at lunchtime and like Leavenworth the previous day, the town had re-invented itself as a Wild West themed town. All the shop fronts are made to look like the Wild West and we enjoyed a mooch around the few shops before stopping at Sheri’s Sweetshope.

This is a café, sweetshop, ice cream parlour and mini golf course all in one and the main attraction in downtown Winthrop. We filled up on hotdogs and then had a round of mini-golf. I started well and was leading as we started to play the 17th, then my family ‘got in my head’ and I ended up choking and coming in last! In our family we have a rule that whoever loses at mini-golf has to wear these awful green plastic sunglasses that evening at dinner, so looks like it would be me that night! Savouring victory or commiserating defeat, we then enjoyed the most fabulous huge ice-creams in the most amazing array of flavours. I had blackberry, Steve had Peach and Dan stuck with his trusty cookie dough - yum.

Then it was time to check in to our hotel for the night. We had picked the lovely sounding Abbey Creek Inn as it had a great looking pool and also you could go tubing from the hotel on the river behind. The hotel was really nice and we had a spacious room overlooking the pool. But sadly the river was too low for tubing which was disappointing. So we decided to spend the afternoon having a swim and ended up chatting to a couple from Canada who had popped over the border for a couple of nights as the booze is much cheaper in the US.

That night we walked to the nearby East 20 Pizza for dinner and had the most amazing pizzas with some really interesting toppings, including Thai Curry which was delicious. We then headed back to the hotel where Dan enjoyed an evening swim whilst Steve and I relaxed in the rocking chairs watching the sunset with a drink.

Edited at 04:14 PM.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

And where are the sunglasses? Sorry you choked at mini golf, must have been very frustrating. Ice creams look fabulous
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
And where are the sunglasses? Sorry you choked at mini golf, must have been very frustrating. Ice creams look fabulous
Ha ha I omitted to take a picture of me in the glasses!
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a great find the ice cream/mini golf place was. Not so good that you came last though, that always happens to me!
That Thai chicken pizza sounds delicious!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
What delicious looking ice creams, makes up for losing (or winning at mini golf!). Such a shame we didn’t get to see the green glasses 🤓 I love the sound of Thai chicken pizza, what a quirky restaurant.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What delicious looking ice creams, makes up for losing (or winning at mini golf!). Such a shame we didn’t get to see the green glasses 🤓 I love the sound of Thai chicken pizza, what a quirky restaurant.
Hmm I seem to have ‘lost’ the picture of me in the glasses!
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a great find the ice cream/mini golf place was. Not so good that you came last though, that always happens to me!
That Thai chicken pizza sounds delicious!
I always come last too- I blame the competitive boys I live with!