MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
12 Parsecs- Day 2 – Magic Kingdom.

12 Parsecs- Day 2 – Magic Kingdom.

Welcome to our trip report! 😎

Us: me (mum - chief planner), Thomas (age 12 - nearly 13) and George (age 11 - navigator)
Index: here
Steps:24,248

Up early due to jet lag but the boys didn’t seem to have this problem. They carried on sleeping for a bit. When they finally woke I persuaded them it was a good idea to get dressed find the car and go on a quick trip to Walmarts. I used my phone and the cars sat nav but unfortunately the car seemed to take us miles out of town. T sat in the back pointing out useful bits like ‘hey there’s a gun shop there’. Didn’t fancy going to a Walmarts there even if I found one so we turned around to head back it was now getting busy on the roads so we went back to POFQ and got breakfast - Mickey beignets.

They were massive and filling & actually not great, I’m sure they were better when they were the smaller size.

We waited for the bus to MK and were relieved how quick it took got through bag search and everything, I persuaded the boys we had to watch opening show on our first day.

We then managed to get into the back of the hoards to get on rides, we chose Winnie the Pooh first

Then managed to get onto Peter Pans flight, everything seemed to quite easy to get onto, was time for fast passes

Then rode space ranger spin

Next we wandered around wanted a Starbucks but they were queueing so far out the door it was out of the question. So ended up getting these

They were OK but not as good as a Dole Float.

Stopped int Columbia Harbour House

This is a good place for lunch although was being used a office by a very loud American guy on a conference call to work, he hadn’t even bought anything from the restaurant. He was talking well shouting actually but not really saying anything of any value, he seemed surprised when another family gave him useful feedback.

We really enjoyed space mountain

Now the bad weather had come in and we went on the people mover just to avoid the thunder storms. After this we rode haunted mansion.

We were tired now and headed back.

Was time to do a more successful run to the store any store which we found by driving up to DS and carrying on a bit until we found the first one. Better than relying on sat nav!

Once we got back we headed to the pool for a bit no one actually got in but when we got there there was a test on the lifeguards being carried out. This is where someone actually pretends to be drowning as a kind of prank on the lifeguards next they demonstrate their CPR skills. Happily the lifeguards were the first to notice the drowning person not a member of the public who could have quite frantically jumped in fully clothed to save the actress.

We went to DS tonight T wanted Epcot but was too tired so we went to Blaze pizza (our favourite) and then home to bed.

Thanks for reading
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great first day with lots of rides done

Joan
Old 12 Aug 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Great day funny how no matter what you use the nav will find some dodgy back road!
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a great first day, you managed to do lots of rides and it looks like your lunch and dinner were nice even if your breakfast was disappointing
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List