Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Aug 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

My hotel has been changed...

Evening, my fellow Dibbers!

So, its happened... checked MDE and found that my hotel has been changed. I'm booked to arrive on 29th Nov, not that I truly think that my trip will go ahead, but hey-ho! (still keeping everything crossed )

Ok, I was booked to stay at AKL in a standard room, but have been changed to a deluxe studio at Saratoga Springs. I know nothing about Saratoga Springs - don't even know where it is . Never been on my radar of somewhere I want to stay.
Questions, questions, questions... are the two comparable? (minus the animals ), how big is the resort, is it 'nice' or should I be contacting Disney to change elsewhere? (the Poly would suit me better )

Am I disappointed ? ... yes, at this point, I am.

TIA

Kat
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Similar thread here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1178439

I'd be pushing for the Yacht Club as well if I were you.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Thank you, Bozza.
I'll be contacting them to get it changed. I booked AKL for the wonderful ambiance and the animals. Saratoga Springs definitely feels like a down-grade.
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Oh, the irony... my ears have just changed to Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest...

... or not I can't keep up!

Edited at 11:44 PM.
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I would be disappointed with that swap. It’s a nice enough hotel but a completely different style of hotel with none of the ambiance of AKL.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

(should I be contacting Disney to change elsewhere, the Poly would suit me better)
AKL and SSR will be a totally different experience so would request another option, either a resort around the Boardwalk or a monorail resort.

But as the rack rate for a standard AKL room for your first night is around $440 and an SSR standard studio would be $472 I suppose in Disney's eyes they see it as an upgrade price wise.

And while a preferred SSR studio would be around $539 for your first night the other DVC resorts are upwards of $580 and range through to $897 for a Poly lake view studio.

Good luck with your call.

Edited at 12:24 PM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is Kidani not open? Could you ask to move to a studio there?
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I wouldn't be happy with that swap. We love both resorts but SSR isn't as magical as AKL. I'd be asking for Yacht Club or Polyn if that's what you would like.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I'm in total agreement that Saratoga lacks the ambience of AKL. However given the loss of the dining plan some visitors may be interested in some non Disney dining arrangements. The Saratoga studio will offer a kitchenette allowing simple self catering . It will also put you in walking distance of the offsite restaurants around the crossroads area ( assuming they are still open) as well as obviously Downtown Disney. I don't personally like Saratoga very much but in the current climate those might be advantages worth considering for some .
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I would also not be happy with that swap. I wouldn’t see it as a downgrade, but it would be a very different type of resort to the one you picked.

I was supposed to stay at OKW earlier this year, but I was slightly concerned about the sprawled out layout as I am more used to staying at the more compact resorts.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List