Notices

Old 24 Jan 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What good luck that you were able to change your flights and hotel around. It sounds like a great trip. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Great read. We go this summer too and coincidentally are also in the middle of a two year course that has residentials in both Summer holidays... On the same dates! Ambition by any chance or just a coincidence?!
We missed the last day of our residential last summer so didn't know the Summer 2020 dates - only found them out last weekend and luckily they don't clash!
Heihei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Heihei View Post
Great read. We go this summer too and coincidentally are also in the middle of a two year course that has residentials in both Summer holidays... On the same dates! Ambition by any chance or just a coincidence?!
We missed the last day of our residential last summer so didn't know the Summer 2020 dates - only found them out last weekend and luckily they don't clash!
Yep Ambition! Which area are you? I’m south, off to the London development day tomorrow.

I’ll be the one at the residential looking jet lagged and with the sunburn from three weeks in Orlando! 😂😂😂😂
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Yep Ambition! Which area are you? I’m south, off to the London development day tomorrow.

I’ll be the one at the residential looking jet lagged and with the sunburn from three weeks in Orlando! 😂😂😂😂
We're Midlands - so we had our development day last weekend! Are you secondary or primary?

I think we are in Orlando at a similar time to you but for only two weeks so let's hope we are less sunburnt and more sunkissed by the time the residential comes around! Small world!
Heihei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Heihei View Post
We're Midlands - so we had our development day last weekend! Are you secondary or primary?

I think we are in Orlando at a similar time to you but for only two weeks so let's hope we are less sunburnt and more sunkissed by the time the residential comes around! Small world!
Secondary - head of Creative Arts. How about you? There seems to be a lot of primary teachers on the course, which is really interesting as I don't usually get to speak to them. Mind you, I'm currently sat on a table waiting for our development day to start and everyone is sat either in silence on their own, or those that already know each other are chatting! Always the way!

The one other person I know who was doing the course in my area in my subject has just got a new job and dropped out as well, so can't even chat to him today! Oh well, will try and make some new friends (or just spend break/lunch on The Dibb! )
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabblemum View Post
Also love your Trippies. We are staying at Pelican Grand at Fort Lauderdale before our Cruise and no pressure, but that’s largely down to you. 😀. Good to hear you are doing it without a car as I was worrying we are a little way out and that we would be Spending a small fortune on Taxi’s

Who knows maybe this time I will get past travel day with my Trippy 🤞
Ha ha - honestly, it is a LOVELY hotel and we would've been glad to stay there again and I'm a little sad we are not. I loved the lazy river. If you want a good meal I'd definitely recommend a little walk down to Bokampers as well.

If it's any incentive to get on with your trip report then I'd be really interested to read your views of the hotel!

TBH I'd rather not worry about the car and pay a little more for a taxi - looks slightly more expensive than hiring a car for the day, but that's without parking etc. I'd spend the entire 9 hour flight worrying about driving out of Miami airport, so at least this way I don't need to worry about that

Where are you cruising to? I have to admit I said to Phil the other night that I think I am going to miss going on a cruise this year, but we have a 12 night cruise booked for 2021, so that will make up for it!

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What good luck that you were able to change your flights and hotel around. It sounds like a great trip. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
Thank you. I was so glad when I realised that the Avios flights were flexible! I guess it makes sense as people book possibly just 'in case' and then transfer when the flight or seats they want come up.

Thank you for reading

Edited at 10:52 AM.
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

3 night FL, 8 Night Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St Maarten, Tortola, Nassau) then 3 nights in Miami (which I’m still not sure about) but it’s booked now, so need to stop torturing myself with, “How abouts” and “What if’s” 😀.

Glad we are not getting a car for the same reason, and parking costs.

I will really, really try hard to write a Trip report just because I feel I owe you 🍸
Orlando. 2013. Royal Pacific Resort & Villa
Orlando. 2015. Royal Pacific Resort, Animal Kingdon & Villa
Disneyland Paris 2016. Sequoia Lodge - Golden forest Room.

Gabblemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabblemum View Post
3 night FL, 8 Night Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St Maarten, Tortola, Nassau) then 3 nights in Miami (which I’m still not sure about) but it’s booked now, so need to stop torturing myself with, “How abouts” and “What if’s” 😀.

Glad we are not getting a car for the same reason, and parking costs.

I will really, really try hard to write a Trip report just because I feel I owe you 🍸
Sounds great, we really enjoyed Nassau. It was worth the walk to go and see the Queen's staircase, purely for a fab view over the harbour.

The beach at Miami is nice
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 02/02/20

Update!

So since writing this I have booked a few little other things.

Firstly, our one random night we didn't have booked. So we went for Wyndham Garden Lake by Disney Springs for one night. Plan is to check in and spend the afternoon/evening at Disney Springs then get up the next day and go straight to the Beach Club for the final bit of a holiday. Means another hotel change, but we thought it'd be great to be right next to Disney Springs. As we are literally just sleeping there the only thing we were really worried about was distance to Disney Springs, and it is a 7 minute walk so that will do!

Next, I'd been following all the ticket threads on Klook and in their 10% off Boxing Day sale I got us 14 day Universal 3 park tickets for £477! For just under £240 each, I was really happy with that. The cheapest I'd found it anywhere else was around £280ish, so that was a nice saving.

Also, the prices for Royal Pacific at Universal seemed to be going up and up, so in the end I just decided to book it through Expedia with TopCashBack, so I knew at least we had that sorted. Bit annoyed with myself for not booking it a few months ago back in November, when I saw a great price on Netflights, but ho hum - we live and learn!

The other thing I have booked is our hotel parking and overnight stay at Heathrow. So we are staying at the Terminal 5 Hilton and leaving the car there, all booked with Holidayextras.com. Phil is very excited about the fact they have a celebrity chef's restaurant, Mr Todiwala's Kitchen, as we watch a lot of cooking programmes. I am less excited about him eating a curry the night before we sit on a metal tube for 9 hours!

So, still to book is car hire (next month) and then it's just paying off the balance on tickets and our Disney stay!

Till next time ...
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thats a good price for your universal tickets well done! I never mind moving hotels, I always think it feels like loads of mini holidays within your holiday.

Hopefully you find a good price for your car hire next month (fingers crosse)
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List