Old 13 Jan 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The 260 Mile West Coast Wander - August 2019 - Day 4 - Las Vegas, Strolling down the Strip

INDEX

Wednesday 7th August

Slept fairly well I woke at 3am but I managed to get back to sleep until 6am so not bad at all. The beds here were really comfy too.
I dozed for a while then I had a shower to wake myself up properly. We had no set plans for our time in Las Vegas which felt good it meant we could just go with the flow.
Our morning view

Everyone was awake, showered and dressed for 10am, such a change from yesterday.

We headed down to the food hall in our resort and we had some breakfast. Breakfast burritos, croissants, muffins, juices and some coffees for Scott and myself. Everything was reasonably priced here which we didn’t expect but it did peeve me that there wasn’t any coffee making facilities in the room so you had no choice but to buy one!

Now this was our first time here and we couldn’t get over how everything seemed so supersized and a little over the top. We loved it though and our hotel was so amazing and detailed we could've been back in New York.

After walking around our resort for a while we couldn’t wait to see some of the others

The weather was hot but not too hot if that makes sense, it felt comfortable to walk in but of course the air conditioning in the shops etc helped a lot.

We walked through the shops at Crystals which were very high end designer shops. Only window shopping as the prices are way too expensive for us. It was very quiet in there too maybe because it was the morning but it was a lovely detour from the sun.

Walked up through the Cosmopolitan next with that dazzling chandelier!

Then after this the Bellagio which we really liked the look of!

The conservatory there was very pretty and very colourful. It was quite busy here but we were still able to see the lovely displays that were there.

Of course we had to have a look at the giant chocolate fountain!

We walked through the Bellagio using the restrooms first then we walked on further up to Caesars Palace. Now we thought the Bellagio was an amazing resort but wow Caesars Palace was even more opulent! If we win the lottery we’ll stay here next time

We headed over to the Forum as we wanted to have a look in some of the shops there. It was hard to believe that all of this was in a hotel it really looked like we were outside in some Roman street.

I noticed the time was nearly on the hour and I’d noted that the Fall of the Atlantis show was due to start so we made our way through to watch it. Not entirely sure what it was all about it seemed to be some random statues interacting with each other along with fire and water displays. A little cheesy but fun to watch as we were in the area, we wouldn’t have rushed to have seen otherwise.

Just behind the aquarium I noticed the Bath and Body Works so couldn’t resist having a look inside. I was quite reserved and managed to walk out of the shop with only 1 bag of goodies!

We’d been walking around for a while now it was amazing how the time just kind of flew by. Problem was my hips were starting to feel it a bit and they were starting to feel quite sore. I have problems with my hip joints every so often due to an accident and operations I had as a child.

They didn’t feel too bad whilst we were moving but being stood around even for a few minutes was starting to get painful. What I didn’t realise was we’d walked over 10 miles yesterday but it didn’t feel like it.

Anyway Scott said we’d get a taxi back but I thought so long as we keep walking I’d be fine. The kids were so enjoying looking around the resorts so we walked over to the other side of the strip and took a leisurely walk back down that side. We had planned earlier on taking a look in the Miracle Mile shops but we decided to give this a miss now.

The weather was hot and sunny when we left at 10am but now at 3pm it was really cloudy and it also felt a bit cooler. By the time we’d made it back to our hotel it had started to rain! Now that was something I didn’t expect to see in Las Vegas.

We called into the CVS and got some sandwiches and snacks for our late lunch then back in our room I took a couple of painkillers and had a lie down for an hour. Felt so much better for it having a rest.

We decided to go to the north Premium Outlets for a look around. It was easy enough for us to find and not far at all. Had to pay $5 to park up, there were plenty of spaces available.

There wasn’t anything in particular that we wanted but Jamie was keen to look for some new trainers. We had no luck finding anything that he liked. The prices here weren’t anything spectacular probably due to the exchange rate we found the outlet to be a little disappointing. We’re not that much of shoppers either so we don’t probably seek out the offers or look for then like others. I did manage to pick up a new bag for myself which was quite a good buy and was a real treat for myself. We called it a day then as we’d also had enough of walking around in the rain!

The traffic was really bad when we left not sure if it was due to the weather but it took us ages to get back to the resort even though it was just a few miles away.

Once back at the hotel Poppy wanted to go to the pool for a swim but it was shut, think it was because of the storm. Honestly we didn’t expect this in August. Felt like being back in Florida again with the pools being closed!

We showered and changed then set back out onto the strip, thankfully the rain had now stopped. We decided to catch the tram to the Bellagio but by the time we’d walked through the Park MGM it was practically the same distance as walking up the strip. Still it was a different way to get there and it was nice to the use the tram.

Of course we were at the Bellagio so we just had to watch the fountains. I was amazed at how many people were stood around waiting for them to begin but then I couldn’t believe how many people were walking up and down the strip anyway.

The show was really lovely to watch we said we’d try to catch another display later tonight or tomorrow if we could.

It was time now to head over to a place that we had been dreaming about for a while I kid you not! The place in question was In Out Burger! We’d seen a few good reviews about this place so we knew we’d have to try this place out.

To get to it though we had to keep walking up the strip to the walkway that took you across the strip. It was amazing to see all those lights!

We then spotted the sign and headed down towards it. It was super busy inside and we had no chance of getting a seat in there but we got served quickly and then like a lot of people we sat outside to eat.
The burgers were really good and they got a big thumbs up from us. I liked that the menu was simple with just a few items to choose from.

Afterwards we walked back down the strip taking in all those vibrant lights. Wow this place really comes to life after dark, it was so busy walking down the strip and it was full of some very interesting individuals! The lights looked amazing we’ve never seen anything like it.

Statue of Liberty made from Twizzlers

Once back at the hotel Poppy had noticed the children’s arcade and wanted to have a look. We went in for a while and Poppy plated on a few of the games.

We didn’t get back to the room until 11.30pm we couldn’t believe how quickly the day had gone. We really didn’t have any sense of time I suppose that’s what Las Vegas does to you.

Thankfully my hips were still feeling ok but Poppy said her legs were feeling a little tired. Scott checked his phone to check what we’d walked and it had been over 13.5 miles. I know people say it’s deceiving when you look at a hotel and think yeah it’s only 2 minutes away but really it’s 2 miles! Boy they were right!

We’d had a brilliant time. I wasn’t sure if Vegas would be for us but so far so good and we couldn’t wait to see a few more resorts tomorrow, will be taking it a bit easier with the walking though.

Steps – 31,989

Thanks for reading

Edited at 06:24 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A brilliant day, can’t wait for our trip now...we start in Vegas for 4 nights at Caesars palace! We did book NY NY originally but had my eye on Caesars palace and managed to grab a good deal. They both look good fun though, I love the ott theming! Did you ride the coaster at NYNY?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Hotel looks fab I’d love to stay but we are a 5 and I can’t find anywhere to book just one room. You packed so much into the day and I’m hoping we are able to this August. Loving your report, thank you for sharing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Great day! Vegas looks brilliant... you're making me want to try and squeeze it into our holiday next year 😄
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
A brilliant day, can’t wait for our trip now...we start in Vegas for 4 nights at Caesars palace! We did book NY NY originally but had my eye on Caesars palace and managed to grab a good deal. They both look good fun though, I love the ott theming! Did you ride the coaster at NYNY?
Thank you! I can imagine how excited you are we were the same. That's brilliant Caesars Palace is amazing, i kept checking to see if the price would come down but in our case it didn't. Well done to you!
I didn't ride the coaster but Hayden and Jamie did and they said it was an experience
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Hotel looks fab I’d love to stay but we are a 5 and I can’t find anywhere to book just one room. You packed so much into the day and I’m hoping we are able to this August. Loving your report, thank you for sharing.
A friend told me to contact the hotel direct and ask if it was possible for us all to stay in 1 room and they said it wasn't an issue at all. There's no harm in asking.

You're going to have a brilliant time, thanks for reading and i hope it will be helpful for you.

Any other questions please ask and I'll try my best
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Great day! Vegas looks brilliant... you're making me want to try and squeeze it into our holiday next year 😄
Oh no that's the problem with the West Coast there's so many amazing places to visit!
Thank you for your lovely comments
Old 16 Jan 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
A friend told me to contact the hotel direct and ask if it was possible for us all to stay in 1 room and they said it wasn't an issue at all. There's no harm in asking.

You're going to have a brilliant time, thanks for reading and i hope it will be helpful for you.

Any other questions please ask and I'll try my best
Oh wow really? I will give it a go thanks for this advice. I am loving your report and will no doubt have many questions thank you so much.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Seeing photos of the hotel is bringing back lots of lovely memories Julia, we had some amazing pancakes and it felt like we were in New York the theming is so good.
I'd definitely stay there again and even though the rooms aren't massive for 5 I think for how much time you spend in them it's doable definitely.
Thanks for another great day x
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great Photos! and wow what a lot of walking!
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List