Notices

Old 1 Feb 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshirePud
Getting to know the DIBB

:) The Puddings do the Parks (pre-trip excitement)

We are travelling from the UK to spend just under 2 weeks in Florida: 8 nights in a villa in Kissimmee (one of those will be spent arriving and sleeping) and 3 nights over near Clearwater, again renting a little place.

We will be there in the run up to Easter weekend but by the weekend itself will be on the East Coast.

I did check for Spring Break Times and was clearly given duff information (oh dear, too late now).

I am drowning in tips and maps and planners etc but this site is helping me get it all sorted out. Kind of. Don’t want to over plan but also want to make the most of what will be our most expensive holiday to date.

A lot of reports I read have people staying on resort, we couldn’t afford it at those times, so we won’t get the dining or early passes. This will be an off-site report, which may be helpful to some as we will be self-catering and also checking out various eateries as we go along.

Mr Pudding and I visited Orlando about 15 years ago and did US, IOA and WetnWild. This time we have bought the 6 park ticket which includes VB, Aquatica, Busch (going to have half a day there on our journey across the state) and Seaworld. In two minds as to whether we will go to the latter, people keep telling us how cruel it is.

We are also booked for an After Hours at MK. Despite the timing (10pm - 1am) we are excited about that and hoping the kids can cope, as the lack of crowds will be so good. We plan to go in at 7pm.

In hindsight we would have got a 3 park not 6 park ticket but we’ll see how it goes, don’t want to have to plan each day with military precision but also aware the tix were not cheap.

Anyway, that’s my not very brief intro. Oh, I forgot, we are a party of four, with a young child who may or may not get a SEN Pass at Universal and a pre-teen who is All Things Potter.

Pudding 2 is rather distraught that Anna and Elsa are only to be seen at Epcot, as are her parents, who frankly only booked the Disney Park for her but we plan to embrace the mouse for that one night!
YorkshirePud is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds good
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jorgebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Really interested to hear how your trip goes, we are similar in that we are heading to Florida in May, first trip and most definitely our most expensive holiday to date! We are also staying offsite and have universal tickets and discovery cove/seaworld and Aquatica tickets. Plan on doing after hours at animal kingdom as our only Disney visit. Bit like yourself I’m in full planning mode!
Jorgebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
really interested to follow along we've just done two full weeks onsite with a weekend at Clearwater and next time were looking to explore other options.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great so far! We normally stay onsite but are doing an offsite trip this year! You’ll have a great time regardless! You can’t use EMH but you still can make full use of the fastpass system! I’ve just completed my offsite eats on my ore trip report if you need any ideas! Look forward to hearing more!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshirePud
Getting to know the DIBB

We won’t get Fastpass with After Hours though, presumably as they aren’t necessary then. At Universal we do hope to get the virtual queue (what do they call it?) as Pudding 2 struggles in queues due to her diagnosis.

I will definitely read your food reports!

Does anyone know if there are many characters out for Magic Kingdom After Hours? The list only mentions the princesses in the castle.

Edited at 10:20 PM.
YorkshirePud is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great plan! Id love to try after hours! Looking forward to reading more x
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshirePud View Post
We won’t get Fastpass with After Hours though, presumably as they aren’t necessary then. At Universal we do hope to get the virtual queue (what do they call it?) as Pudding 2 struggles in queues due to her diagnosis.

I will definitely read your food reports!

Does anyone know if there are many characters out for Magic Kingdom After Hours? The list only mentions the princesses in the castle.
I haven't done it myself yet but from research i've found you can meet Mickey and Tinkerbell in the town theatre and meet Ariel in her grotto. I couldn't find anymore but you never know their might be some on the night.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshirePud
Getting to know the DIBB

I read on the Disney site that Anna and Elsa are in the MK parade and also in a Show in front of the castle. I assume these events are daytime only?
Old 9 Feb 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It sounds like you have a great trip planned. We have always done onsite stays including for our trip coming up this year but we are considering an offsite trip as our next adventure so I'm interested to hear more about your trip.

I believe the stage show and the parade are daytime only things.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List