Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Cheap offsite eats

So with the removal of the free dining package if we do end up going (only planning to if we cannot get a refund on flights) we will have to pay for food for 17 nights. We won’t be doing Disney any more so won’t be limited to their prices at least.
Will be stayin 11 nights at Rosen inn pointe and 6 at universals endless summer.
So as the title says any suggestions for cheap places to eat around those areas. Travelling will be 1 adult and 2 kids.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We loved IHOP! Not original but yummy and filling.
Also Kekes (not cheap, cheap but not Disney prices) and Longhorn for steak.
Cheaper end we also liked Wendy’s. Found it to be more 5 guys than McDonalds, and Chick- fill- a for fast food places.
There was an Italian opposite the Cheesecake Factory in the big mall which was absolutely delicious but we cannot remember the name. I still dream about their pasta! Again, not cheap but decent for a nice meal.
Olive Garden is a family favourite in the USA and do good deals if you dine at certain times (check their website).
Those are the ones that we would go back to as a family.
Mostly chains I am afraid. Worth checking the Diners, Drive ins and Dives website to see if they have anything local- we used this for another city in USA and found some very reasonably priced restaurants.
The other thing we do if in self catering is take a trip to a supermarket to stock up on breakfast and sandwich/ snack foods. Makes a huge difference and meant we could do the Italian and Longhorn.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
We loved IHOP! Not original but yummy and filling.
Also Kekes (not cheap, cheap but not Disney prices) and Longhorn for steak.
Cheaper end we also liked Wendy’s. Found it to be more 5 guys than McDonalds, and Chick- fill- a for fast food places.
There was an Italian opposite the Cheesecake Factory in the big mall which was absolutely delicious but we cannot remember the name. I still dream about their pasta! Again, not cheap but decent for a nice meal.
Olive Garden is a family favourite in the USA and do good deals if you dine at certain times (check their website).
Those are the ones that we would go back to as a family.
Mostly chains I am afraid. Worth checking the Diners, Drive ins and Dives website to see if they have anything local- we used this for another city in USA and found some very reasonably priced restaurants.
The other thing we do if in self catering is take a trip to a supermarket to stock up on breakfast and sandwich/ snack foods. Makes a huge difference and meant we could do the Italian and Longhorn.
Oh I’ve not heard of that will check it out!
We aren’t fussy about it being chains or fast food etc. my kids aren’t really into anything fancy anyways.
We will deffo be stocking up at Walmart we won’t have any kitchen facilities but will have a fridge so can stock up on bits for that.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Culvers
Cracker Barrel
Perkins
Bob Evans
Cheddar Scratch Kitchen
Pei Weis Diner
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Applebee's always has good meal deal eg, $20 or $25 for 1 sharing starter and 2 main meals

Chilli's often do similar deals

Another tip is to eat early, just before the switch over to evening meal time and there are often good offers.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at the Rosen last Christmas and there are loads of places on I-drive that are cheap and cheerful. I wrote a live Dining Report - A Very Merry Orlando Christmas and it has all our meals and the prices, you might find it helpful. We honestly love eating offsite!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
the young ones will like cicis/locations/fl-o...ternational-dr i think it was $5.99 all you can eat last year has a good selection, salad bar sweets drinks etc. can we busy and a bit like cafeteria but all adds to the fun
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18

Edited at 10:03 AM.
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Trackstar
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I will second Wendys and Cici, and add Golden Corral. GC is like Marmite, but our kids loved going there as much as some of the theme parks.
Trackstar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

The trouble is, will All you care to eat buffet restaurants be still open next year?
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
We stayed at the Rosen last Christmas and there are loads of places on I-drive that are cheap and cheerful. I wrote a live Dining Report - A Very Merry Orlando Christmas and it has all our meals and the prices, you might find it helpful. We honestly love eating offsite!
Thanks everyone

Oh will have a read thanks!