Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Totally separate but can I ask, regarding your flights with Virgin. Were Virgin happy to give you the flights even though you weren’t booking the whole holiday with them? I did this in 2019, booked flights and first 5 nights at Disney and then asked for the return flights 2 weeks later as we had a townhouse booked separately. The reason I ask is heard they wouldn’t do that anymore. The package had to be complete with them.
Yes no problems at all. I had prices from instore and telephone (phone was a lot cheaper) .. I’ve even just added an extra 2 to our booking a few days ago and still no problem xx you just can’t book online.
Don’t forget to get flying club discount added to you quote
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Yes no problems at all. I had prices from instore and telephone (phone was a lot cheaper) .. I’ve even just added an extra 2 to our booking a few days ago and still no problem xx you just can’t book online.
Don’t forget to get flying club discount added to you quote
Thank you. It worked out quite well doing this before and a much better price than booking separate Virgin flights. I don't want to book Disney with Virgin.

Edited at 11:33 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thank you. It worked out quite well doing this before and a much better price than booing separate Virgin flights. I don't want to book Disney with Virgin.
That’s exactly why we have .. the price for only hard rock direct was around the same as virgin for hard rock and our flights .. defo use flying club discount too it’s around 7% for red I think.

Might be worth checking virgin Atlantic to as I’m sure I’ve read they started doing hotels to (never tried them though) xx
Old 19 Jun 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba05
Earning More Ears

Hi,
Do you get all the benefits of the hotel if you book through a third party like Travel Repulic?

Thanks

Catherine
Simba05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simba05 View Post
Hi,
Do you get all the benefits of the hotel if you book through a third party like Travel Repulic?

Thanks

Catherine
I asked this earlier in the thread and the answer was yes. It was also £50 cheaper going a day earlier ie Thursday rather than Friday
Old 16 Jul 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simba05 View Post
Hi,

Thanks

Catherine
Absolutely! As long as you stay at one of the three hotels with FOLP, you get the benefits. It doesn’t matter who you book with. In the past we’ve booked with Virgin, Travel Republic, ATD, BA and directly with Universal. Just go with whoever is cheapest. Virgin wants a large deposit if booking in advance so watch out for this.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

If you are looking at August, the end of the month is quite a bit cheaper as the USA schools go back and it is no longer considered peak rate.

If booking early choose a booking site that does free cancellation. Always worth checking every couple of weeks as the rates for the 3 premium Universal hotels can fluctuate a bit.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've booked for 7 nights PB last week in Sept 2021 and worked out £235 a night. This is also normally the first week the HHN is on as well. Think August is generally more expensive especially the first half of it.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List