Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks all!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

One thing I'd like to add: my "go for it" is under the condition that you already have the miles. I've begun reading your posts regarding your previous trip with ANA and you mentioned buying miles there. If you don't already have the miles in your account then it's a different story, as you'd be putting much more at risk in case things were to end badly for Virgin Atlantic.

I have faith that they'll pull through but if I didn't have the miles yet I would not be buying them now to book an ANA flight in business or first. If you only need to top off your account then I would understand, but if you need to spend thousands to get the miles then it may be wiser to buy a cash ticket with another airline.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I have the miles thankfully

Am about to call Virgin and see what can do for next year, around May 10th flying out - eek!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
I have the miles thankfully

Am about to call Virgin and see what can do for next year, around May 10th flying out - eek!
Now don't go and steal our dates! Let us know what you end up with.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Did you end up booking? I rebooked our return flight today, just waiting for the tickets to be issued. Here's hoping things are a little more normal by May.
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Booked today - virgin airmiles nabbed me a return First class seat for my partner (£120.80 in taxes and fees) which is lower than normal as flying from Frankfurt - just doing connecting flights from Glasgow.

Paid for a Business class seat for me at normal ANA prices - so am splitting the cost of that seat between the 2 of us so the total cost of the Business and First seats (inc taxes and the extra flights from Glasgow) is £2678 - which for return Business and First is bl00dy good I think
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Flying out Tuesday 11th May, return home Friday 21st May.
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Congrats! If all goes well we'll be there at the same time .
Old 10 Jul 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Booked Hilton Tokyo Bay for first 2 nights, looking at hotel in Tokyo for rest of holiday again, but considering do the final night again at the Muji hotel in Ginza
Old 12 Jul 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Consider commuting from Disney area. If you are sightseeing around Tokyo then you will be swapping trains anyway and Tokyo station is as good as any to transfer. Don't let the size of the station put you off.

We will be doing this on our next visit as the Disney area hotels are much larger and the extra 15mins is nothing.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List