Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jul 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
What I'm most concerned about is planning my days without the Busy Day guide, which for August usually comes out in January.

There's a Busy Day Guide for this August.

However, as mentioned above, it's not relevant any more. There are no EMH days and the busy day guide for the main Disney parks was primarily based on those.

Attendance at each park is now being restricted and therefore previous guessimates of when parks will be busier than other parks are now null and void.

I suppose the only information you can use is to look on the Availability Calendar and see which parks are fully booked (or not) on each day. Those parks that are fully booked will be "busier" than those parks that aren't.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

But if they're fully booked, you wouldn't be able to choose to go there anyway?! They're full...

Had a look on the availability for August 2021 and, unsurprisingly, it was all available for every park every day.

As DH said, if you had a Disney holiday booked and then found out you couldn't get into a park, it's no longer a Disney holiday.
Old 2 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
But if they're fully booked, you wouldn't be able to choose to go there anyway?! They're full...
Yes, that's correct. And you'll be able to see if the park is full (and thus "busy") beforehand.

Otherwise, no day or park will be busier than any others. So the concept of a Busy Day Guide is meaningless - unless things change between now and then, of course.

As DH said, if you had a Disney holiday booked and then found out you couldn't get into a park, it's no longer a Disney holiday.
Yes, that's sort of the risk you take at the moment. If you want to definitely guarantee you'll be able to visit the parks on your holiday then you should book your parks as soon as you can after you book the holiday.

But that's just someone on social media (me!) telling you that.

If you look on the Availability Calendar there's plenty of availability in, say, September - just 2 months away. Therefore, it's not like the parks are currently getting all booked up several months beforehand. This August 2020 is still fully available for offsite and onsite guests with normal tickets and, therefore, I would guess that you can probably wait until Spring next year until you book your parks for next August.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Thanks Nimbus, that has put my mind at rest...a bit! I'm sure I'll be checking very so often on the availability for 8/21!

One last thing oh wise one... you referred to on and offsite guest and park availability. Do onsite get priority?
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
One last thing oh wise one... you referred to on and offsite guest and park availability. Do onsite get priority?
They did. Onsite guests got to select their park reservations several days before offsite guests did.

It also seems that each type of guest - onsite normal ticket, offsite normal ticket, annual passholders - gets to choose from a different bucket of reservations.

If you look at the Availability Calendar for July and August 2020 you'll see that there's different availability depending on which option you choose.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
They did. Onsite guests got to select their park reservations several days before offsite guests did.

It also seems that each type of guest - onsite normal ticket, offsite normal ticket, annual passholders - gets to choose from a different bucket of reservations.

If you look at the Availability Calendar for July and August 2020 you'll see that there's different availability depending on which option you choose.
As York T said, there are buckets for each class of booker. I suspect the onsite bucket is bigger than the offsite bucket and from a commercial point of view this is quite logical.

Disney332
Old 2 Jul 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I panicked a little last sunday when i read about park reservations being booked up

I was about to book a 5 day hotel stay and 14 day ticket, so i could book 14 park days

then i read about the A levels being pushed back, so thats a curve ball

i think i will look and book when i can book DVC at 11 months
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris106
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That's strange because, according to Disney's availability website, there's full availability for every park in May/June next year. In fact, unless you've got an Annual Pass, there's full availability for every park and every day after July this year. Even the popular Christmas period is fully available to everyone.

It's possible your issue was more of a technical glitch than a limit of availability.
I had the same issue when booking on Sunday for MK on Sunday 24th April tried a couple of times and said unavailable , so went with AK instead no problem with any other days.
Chris106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
As York T said, there are buckets for each class of booker. I suspect the onsite bucket is bigger than the offsite bucket and from a commercial point of view this is quite logical.
Yes, That's what I said to BaconAndAvocado.

We don't know the size of each bucket, but I do know that there's currently slightly less remaining availability for onsite people than offsite people (in July anyway). This month there are more days available for offsite people to book than onsite people.

For example, offsite guests can book Hollywood Studios on any day between 20th to 25th July 2020. Whereas onsite guests cannot book Hollywood Studios on these days.

It's possible that the onsite bucket is bigger but there are more onsite guests booking.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~