gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
just the 2 of us travel day august 2018

Hi guys!

so, we woke 3am 4am then 5am, thats if we went to sleep
and i could see a big blue dreamliner bird looking back at us.

we wondered if this was our plane...?

quick coffee in bed and watch the news before slowly getting up, showered, hair and make up, then i can get ready once lee is done

we always seem to fight over the full length mirror? me with straighteners or eye make as i need to be practically ontop of the mirror to put mascara on and lee to check his outfit out or do his hair.

so my out fit on, lee didnt like it so i eneded up in full melt down and suitcase contents strewn all over the floor to find a top thats loose fitting, and goes with harlem trousers. my old faithful baggy (and too big for me) vest top came to the rescue, luckily i packed it as it nearly went in my "wont take that pile"
lee looks out the window and sees the plane is still sat on the tarmac, he too now thinks it our plane, it came in at 10pm the previous night

we check the room to make sure we have taken everything, check passports and boarding cards etc again and head our way to premium club check in.

have to say, we was a little bit annoyed, we was in a queue of 2 families in front of us and the normal queue was going down so fast we was watching people at the back of the queue get served and head to security. the girl on check in didnt have a clue what she was doing.
we received our preium vouchers for the lounge and headed straight for it.

now i like to look around the shops. we always get there 3 hours before departure so a quick little look around wouldnt hurt, so a visit to the lounge for some "im officially on holiday alcoholic beverages" and pastries and people watching, i was then given the OK to go to the shops

i dont know if its my hubby only, but if he sees something he wants and buys, he has to wear it now.
then takes the micky out of me!

his caption on facebook "here we go, a little bit of airport retail therapy...cant make her mind up if she wants it or not yawn! hope i dont miss the flight!"
notice he now has a baseball cap on.!

we see our boarding gate and head for it after a toilet break and grab a seat.

oh this was going to be a long 2.5hr wait. it turned out, the plane was our plane and had come from mexico and had an investation of mosquitos so had to be fumigated before we could board.
now why they couldnt do this and leave over night i have no idea.

still high spirits!

finally we get the green light and can board the plane.

we find our seat in preium club. never turned left on the plane before and oh it has changed us lol
lee grabbed 2 proseccos on our way to the seat

and i grabbed the window seat. we had lovely packs waiting for us and bottle of water each
[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/28388/505e98ff621b96.jpg
and lee being lee...decided to put it ALL on. i kid you not.

now we havent even taken off yet, hoodie on...

it didnt seem like two minutes we had finally left and i could see our hotel room ( 4 floor up 6th window in from the left)
knew it was our plane

we was handed more drinks, and a box of chocolates as we was celebrating our 20th anniversary.

the menu cards came out and shortly after the food we had ordered, the starter but no picture of the main (Sorry) and then sandwhcihes and cream tea

i watched secret like of pets 2 and was balling my eyes out of course, it reminded me of archie

followed by greatest showman, again not seen it yet and what a brilliant film!

finally landed and got through imigrations and baggage all very quickly and lee practically ran to go get the mustang...debabting over the colour, he wanted red, he ended up choosing back

driving down to I4 of course with the roof down...5 mintues after this picture we had a storm and rushed to pull over and put it back up again. it was put down once more during the whole holiday it messed my hair up!

boy looks so happy disnet he
we got to Clarion Inn Lake Beuna vista and crashed for an hour before nipping to walmart and grabbing some supplies.

tomorrow we check into royal pacific resort for a 1 night stay
see you tomorrow!
thanks for reading...
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif

Edited at 10:00 PM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Soinds like a great start, looking forward to hearing more.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great travel day, despite the slow start. Looking forward to the rest.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We will only do PE on the Dreamliner, it’s such a lovely experience.
Can’t wait for next day
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List