Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jun 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Fingers are crossed we hear soon. This is killing me!😫
Same here, constantly refreshing emails and checking on here. Just want to know
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dragon1
Dancing with Tink'

Booked for this Sept at POR for 4 adults 1 child in one room. Did a mock booking for next year same time, came out at the room £3700 plus tickets plus an extra £2600 if we wanted QS dining.If Disney value the dining plan at £2600 should we not receive the same in a refund for them cancelling our dining plan this year ? No chance.
Dragon1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

To be honest, considering that Disney could just tell us we can cancel FOC I would be happy with 35% off a future booking.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
There wasn't one!

I really think the 35% off your accommodation if that's what it ends up being (like the US) is a pretty poor offer really. For us that would be a reduction of £414. At current exchange rate that's $496. Let's keep that simple and call it $500 as its a 5 night stay, so $100 per night. There's 4 of us so that $25 each per night. $25 to "cover" 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks a day plus your resort drinks. Hmm no thanks!

A fixed % off an amount that is variable to cover for not getting something which has a fixed price is illogical.
They could just offer nothing. They don't have to offer anything. They could just say either accept the new package or get a full refund.

A 35% reduction in the room rate is better than the free nights offer that they have each year. So instead, they could offer 4 nights free on a 14 night stay (roughly 29% discount).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sco77ywatty
I have Ears

Disney UK T&Cs Free DDP Cancellation

The Walt Disney Travel Company Terms from Jan 2020 are quite specific

'We accept responsibility for providing all the elements of the advertised Package (subject always to any Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstance) but if we fail to provide what has been booked (a Lack of Conformity), you must inform our representative without undue delay if you consider that any part of your Package has not been performed in accordance with the terms of the contract'

Since 'Extraordinary Circumstances' are dealt with as requiring cancellation (such as with the cancellations required by the recent closures) cancellation of the DDP is not brought about by the extraordinary circumstance but a strategic decision.

This clause is not present in the US T&Cs. Thus the delay in official announcement. I guess Disney will do what Disney wants but if the Free DDP was part of the package and the package does not deliver, according to WDTC, it must be made right if you complain early enough. We shall see. BTW me and mine are do due at POR in August.
Sco77ywatty is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It’s awful what’s happening but Disney are under no obligation to offer anything. Free dining is an offer that could, at anytime, be withdrawn. If it all they are obliged to do is offer a full refund.

However, this is Disney so they will offer something. It won’t be the equivalent to the cost of the DP and may not even equal the free night offer.

They will actually need potentially a large percentage of people to cancel or to move bookings to next year. Given issues with capacity (which we don’t know and may not find out) they can’t have us all coming.

It may well be that 35% off is offered - on the face of it that’s a good deal. But it is a far better deal for a couple than for a family staying in the same room - if I was Disney I might offer a room discount plus a gift card per person. That way families get more of an incentive.

Overall though I think this all may depend on how busy they are - if they’ve already sold say 70% of rooms over the summer and they can only accommodate 30% in the parks (or even in the hotels themselves) then they need a large number of cancellations.

This will likely be why they are concentrating in the first instance with US bookings - to assess what availability there is for other visitors. They may also be waiting for more details from the U.K. government about the nonsensical quarantine/airs bridges.

So, I think any offer will depend on how many of “us” want to go, can go (flight situation is still unclear) and how many of us they can physically accommodate.

Stay safe and good luck all
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
It’s awful what’s happening but Disney are under no obligation to offer anything. Free dining is an offer that could, at anytime, be withdrawn. If it all they are obliged to do is offer a full refund.

However, this is Disney so they will offer something. It won’t be the equivalent to the cost of the DP and may not even equal the free night offer.

They will actually need potentially a large percentage of people to cancel or to move bookings to next year. Given issues with capacity (which we don’t know and may not find out) they can’t have us all coming.

It may well be that 35% off is offered - on the face of it that’s a good deal. But it is a far better deal for a couple than for a family staying in the same room - if I was Disney I might offer a room discount plus a gift card per person. That way families get more of an incentive.

Overall though I think this all may depend on how busy they are - if they’ve already sold say 70% of rooms over the summer and they can only accommodate 30% in the parks (or even in the hotels themselves) then they need a large number of cancellations.

This will likely be why they are concentrating in the first instance with US bookings - to assess what availability there is for other visitors. They may also be waiting for more details from the U.K. government about the nonsensical quarantine/airs bridges.

So, I think any offer will depend on how many of “us” want to go, can go (flight situation is still unclear) and how many of us they can physically accommodate.

Stay safe and good luck all
I would say it makes sense in the first instance to move as many people to 2021 as possible then re-assess. For some it’ll be simple, like us as there’s no way we’re going this year. For others they may need some incentive. What they can’t do is just hope enough people move with no incentive, nor can they move some people with no additional incentive but then later offer it to get others to move so ultimately their first move surely has to be to give us a reason to move to next year.

Ok, I may be reaching because we want to move to next year anyway and I’d like a room discount at least and Disney could just come right out and cancel bookings saying they can’t accommodate but let’s be optimistic for a little while .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok so don't shoot the messenger but a Disney Countdown app on my wife's phone has "Disney News" on it & mention of a discount for future bookings is being talked about, obviously I'm expecting that this is about US guests affected by the changes but it does make you hopeful that this will carry over to us.
I need some good news as DVC are restricting how you can use our points
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
oneforall
Looking for my Ears

I'm actually a bit surprised by some of these comments, particularly in relation to compensation for the loss of the free dining offer. Firstly, I'm not sure why anyone would think that they should be compensated for this. It was a free perk, not something you've paid for. Why should you be compensated? If they do offer 35% off a future booking, take it, and be thankful. They don't have to offer you anything at all.

What is particularly frustrating is the tone - the feeling that Disney have somehow done wrong therefore they owe you compensation.

Why?

They didn't plan this. This is a worldwide pandemic the likes of which we have never seen. They are trying to do the best they can in a terrible situation. They are trying to get their parks open again and maintain guest and staff safety.

I get that it impacts your holiday. I get that to rebook may well cost more than the 35% discount (if we get it) on offer but this is NOT Disney's fault.

It is what it is. We need to suck it up. Stomping our feet and shouting because we're out of pocket really is a first world problem and we should just be grateful that we can go to Disney at all.

Many no longer can.
oneforall is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by oneforall View Post
I'm actually a bit surprised by some of these comments, particularly in relation to compensation for the loss of the free dining offer. Firstly, I'm not sure why anyone would think that they should be compensated for this. It was a free perk, not something you've paid for. Why should you be compensated? If they do offer 35% off a future booking, take it, and be thankful. They don't have to offer you anything at all.

What is particularly frustrating is the tone - the feeling that Disney have somehow done wrong therefore they owe you compensation.

Why?

They didn't plan this. This is a worldwide pandemic the likes of which we have never seen. They are trying to do the best they can in a terrible situation. They are trying to get their parks open again and maintain guest and staff safety.

I get that it impacts your holiday. I get that to rebook may well cost more than the 35% discount (if we get it) on offer but this is NOT Disney's fault.

It is what it is. We need to suck it up. Stomping our feet and shouting because we're out of pocket really is a first world problem and we should just be grateful that we can go to Disney at all.

Many no longer can.
While I agree with much of what you say, particularly this being an unprecedented situation that is no-ones fault I disagree about free dining being a “perk”. It’s a booking incentive that saves people a lot of money so it’s used instead of a room discount to ensure people stay on Disney property for the duration of their stay. To have it simply removed would be unreasonable. It’s not like it’s free wifi.

Trip Report Index