Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlkeeper
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We had booked VA flights, car hire and Disney tickets through Kenwood travel for August 22nd. Then Home away villa. Today we got a call from Kenwood travel saying even though our full balance was not due till 13th Disney wanted us to pay the balance by Friday for the tickets. At the same time it was on the news about quarantining for 14 days when people enter the country. If it was still in play when we get back it would mean my eldest would miss his first ever 2 weeks at college and our youngest school. It's a lot of money to pay out when you don't even know if planes will be in the air. Then the final blow an email from Disney cancelling all our reservations.

We had a chat as a family and with a heavy heart and a few tears from me, we decided there was too many ifs buts and maybes to any further. We have cancelled our holiday, it's ever so sad.
Pearlkeeper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I’m in exactly the same boat as you. We’ve worked out we can get our money back for everything more or less - we were going to have a few nights at Universal and had 14 day tickets for there and Seaworld. The only thing we don’t know about is our fully paid flights with Virgin. I think we’ve decided to cancel everything and take a hit with the flights if we have to or accept a voucher and decide if we can use it at some point in the future. We don’t want to go and do Disney half-≈≈≈≈≈.
Luckily we’ve only paid £150 deposit to Disney so if we lose that it’s not so bad.I think we’re going to have to take the voucher like you and just hope we get to use it.Ds didn’t want to go on holiday with us next year and he’s also got his A levels and is starting university so I’m not even sure when we’d be able to go.I just hope the flights are cancelled, I don’t even mind waiting a while for a refund it’s better than losing the lot!
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Aristocat3
I want to go now!

Waiting to cancel

Sounds like we are in a similar situation to a lot of you on this thread deposit only paid on direct booking with Disney but flights paid in full to VA for a mid September booking. Can’t imagine we’ll be going but not yet cancelled anything (although ADRs have obviously been cancelled for us... !)
Aristocat3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

We have fully paid flights with BA on the 1st Aug, so waiting for cancellation or we will lose the money. Assuming ATD will refund the deposit now the Free DDp is being cancelled. Hoping to get universal money back, but only if flights are cancelled. Cancelled DVC a while ago. So sad it was going to be a great trip. 😞
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It was our payment day today, going July 30th. I phoned this morning got through straight away and he deferred the payment date to June 24th so we can make a decision when the email arrives with their alternate offering.

We don't intend to go now with all the restrictions, but am holding out in case there is a re book offer!
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

just cancelled our booking at deerfield beach for the drive up from Miami

so ive made a start
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

We have booked flights with VA tickets and hotel with Kenwood - hope they let us move our deposit to next year
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're still on the fence about it all. Our flights are paid in full, due to fly out 7th August with AA. We booked Disney with ATD so are waiting to see what they offer.
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

well just off the phone to disney, a rather sombre guy answered the phone, i explained the situation and said our flights have just been cancelled and we will have to cancel, he said thats fine, the £200 will be refunded in upto 14 days

end of call, no sparkle or pixie dust, i didnt enjoy it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We just got our balance due email yesterday - I knew it would arrive yesterday, but I still got my hopes up when I saw it, thinking it might be the promised email about arrangements for UK bookings. Oh well, I’ll give it a week to see if it shows up, and if not, I’ll just have to call to cancel before the balance payment date. That’s probably what we’ll be doing anyway, just wanted to see if there would be any help offered with rebooking etc.