Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Jun 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Paying balance with Floridatix.

So we have 5 Disney tickets for October with just the £50 deposit paid. Had the email stating the balance now must be paid before 10th of June and an explanation as to the restrictions in place... such as the ‘reservation at the park’!
We have decided to loose the deposit and skip Disney this year! It’s nearly £2000 for park tickets we might not even be able to use each day or park hop as usual. We are planning to either just do the other parks/make the most of Florida we don’t normally see or see if our flight gets cancelled! I was wondering how many others are in a similar situation and what have you decided.

Our flydrive is with BA and was super cheap so will still be using it unless we can’t (my argument with my other half is that it’s still cheaper than your average ‘all inclusive’ holiday and we have done Florida before without Disney) 🤷
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’ve cancelled my holiday as I can’t see it being anything like what we’ve had previously. As a result I chose to lose my £120 deposit with FloridaTix. That was family of 4 (Disney, Universal, DC ultimate tickets)

I didn’t want to be tied to going next year not knowing how much flights were etc. and in the grand scheme of things £120 is nothing compared to the £3500 they wanted from me.
Bradz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm switching from Disney to Universal, staying at Sapphire Falls. I go solo and can't drive and this is the ideal solution for me as I'll be able to park hop and go to Volcano Bay.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I can see Universal being the big winner with the UK guests. I'll be cancelling the Disney part of my planned October holiday. If I can't get a voucher for my BA flights I might just go and do the flexi tickets parks. If HHN go ahead my kids will definitely want to go. As it stands just now they would prefer to wait til next year.
Jokeybhoy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Totally agree and I think we are in a very similar position to you and wasn’t planning universal but will prob being doing that instead of Disney!
Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
I can see Universal being the big winner with the UK guests. I'll be cancelling the Disney part of my planned October holiday. If I can't get a voucher for my BA flights I might just go and do the flexi tickets parks. If HHN go ahead my kids will definitely want to go. As it stands just now they would prefer to wait til next year.
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

We are having a dilemma about this too - think we have 3 more days to decide. We were/are due to go early September. We don’t have to pay balance until August (or so we thought) so we were just waiting til nearer time to see how things were. I’ll be honest I don’t actually want to go this year. Anyway we got the email and now have to decide.
The way I see it - if we pay the remaining 1300 for the park tickets we can go anytime right up to the end of September 2021. So if we have to re-arrange we have tickets - if the holiday is cancelled and we can’t re-book/find a decent deal we are stuck with £1300 worth of tickets we can’t use.
Or - if we cancel the tickets and the holiday isn’t cancelled and we can only move it back further this year or everything is miraculously good to go in September we won’t be able to get any tickets so the holiday is pointless. And if we decide to go next year with the prices shown now it’s gone up another 150 - but could that change as parks try to Re-coup their loss?

I feel if we can afford we should pay the balance cos dh is determined we will go in the next 12 months but I just keep thinking what if we can’t? What if this all flares up again? What if its never business as usual?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List