Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I was due to go away in April and they only cancelled our flights around 6 days before, even though we knew for sure it wasn’t going to happen. They did the outbound and return flight separately too.

Edited at 10:12 AM.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My flights were showing as sold out for a few weeks, I was told 14 days so kept checking, no email but when I logged into booking it was showing cancelled, that was 13 days before, still not had email either!
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by d1gger View Post
Normally with Easyjet its 7 days before the departure when they would cancel, so you may just have to wait and see - which isn't ideal I know. May be worth checking if you have travel insurance and they will cover it if the flights won't be cancelled.

I think we will just wait and see and hope they are cancelled. It’s the not knowing!
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by familybell View Post
My flights were showing as sold out for a few weeks, I was told 14 days so kept checking, no email but when I logged into booking it was showing cancelled, that was 13 days before, still not had email either!
How do you go about getting a refund in that case? Do you just wait on them contacting you?
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

if you log into your account it will give you options but they are generally only informing passengers 2 weeks before each flight.

They prefer to issue a voucher etc and offer small incentives but you can request a refund if you keep clicking through options. They hope to refund within 28 days and ask you not to contact in the meantime.

I am waiting for my refund from the 20 May currently.
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just said manage disruption and gives you options, refund is very far in and very small print, I actually phoned them too as would have taken a voucher if I could use on EasyJet holidays, but can’t so she processed refund, we’ll see how long it takes. My booking has disappeared from my account now though, anyone else the same ?
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List