Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
It is all very frustrating however, Disney is double the size of Manhattan and they don't have a crystal ball. We have to learn to accept that they are working hard and doing the best they can; they employ 77,000 employees whom they have to mobilise and re-train, and health check. They have 30,000 hotel rooms and 3,400 DVC villas, more than 200 places to eat and 670 buses, 64 boats and the monorail and skyliner to equip with new safety measures - just think how much they have to organise! Its hard to wait, but wow, are some people impatient! They will get in touch when they know what they can offer; no point in throwing out discounts for resorts when they don't really know at what point the capacity will increase.

International visitors made up less than 20% of footfall at Disney World last year - 58 million people visited Disney; 1.59 million people visited Florida from the UK and not all of those would have gone to Disney.
How interesting! I knew UK visitors were a small proportion but not that small!

Also hoping Disney get in touch soon...
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I have to agree. Impatient as I am I recognise that this won’t be an easy thing to manage. I do think though that Disney should have had something in place for UK guests before the announcement just as they did for US guests.
This!

I do not dispute in anyway that they have a mammoth task on their hands but they were able to provide a detailed response to their US guest immediately. Just because we are a small visitor group does not mean we should be pushed aside. If we are smaller we should therefore be easier to deal with. It has nearly been a week and we are non the wiser. Our stays have a larger impact on us personally due to travel and disney should be giving us all the information so we can make an informed decision.

I'm not saying they should drop everything, stop mobilising their staff or ignore their safety measures but extending us the same courtesy as their other guests would have been appreciated.

The person retaining staff and doing health checks is not the same person that is sending emails or cancelling ADRs I doubt they even work in the same building.

They could have delayed the announcement until they were ready to inform everyone it affected.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m not saying they don’t have a huge task. I feel for Disney they have and will have to make some difficult decisions but to only feed half the information it’s frustrating for us guests left not knowing what to do. Even just a quick note to say they are still working behind the scenes and to be patient with them would be better than silence.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Seems to me disney are waiting until they have all their ducks in a row before committing and putting the dollars before the customers. No surprise to be honest, but given the are lining up multi million deals up with sporting franchises, I wouldn't expect them to make any announcements before this.

Making big announcements like they did they would have sorted the logistics prior to this, what they are waiting for now is finalising these deals before they move onto the customers needs.

I wouldn't be surprised not to get any discounts, just an announcement on what the restrictions are, they know the majority will rebook with the majority not being repeat offenders, we are a different market to America.
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
Seems to me disney are waiting until they have all their ducks in a row before committing and putting the dollars before the customers. No surprise to be honest, but given the are lining up multi million deals up with sporting franchises, I wouldn't expect them to make any announcements before this.

Making big announcements like they did they would have sorted the logistics prior to this, what they are waiting for now is finalising these deals before they move onto the customers needs.

I wouldn't be surprised not to get any discounts, just an announcement on what the restrictions are, they know the majority will rebook with the majority not being repeat offenders, we are a different market to America.
I’m not sure. The email says they’ll email with the “options available”. It could be that they need to get staff in place to deal with the volume of guests who will want to make some kind of change to their booking. Or maybe not, maybe I’m just hoping they already have a plan!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m not sure. The email says they’ll email with the “options available”. It could be that they need to get staff in place to deal with the volume of guests who will want to make some kind of change to their booking. Or maybe not, maybe I’m just hoping they already have a plan!
Hopefully you are right, I just feel that they are keeping their options open at the moment with guests coming low in their priorities.
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post

I agree with you Lozzi. I think you’ve got it exactly. They can’t just start offering people things until they know exactly what they’re dealing with and how much money they have to work with.
Brazilians are actually their biggest market after the US so I’m sure there are tons of people in Brazil right now who want to know what’s going on as well. And all over the world.
With that being said I know that people don’t want to rebook until they have the full picture. I wouldn’t either!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
I’m not saying they don’t have a huge task. I feel for Disney they have and will have to make some difficult decisions but to only feed half the information it’s frustrating for us guests left not knowing what to do. Even just a quick note to say they are still working behind the scenes and to be patient with them would be better than silence.
We have all had an email I think, and the announcements and guidance in their website basically says just this; they will release more information when they have it but for now they've had to cancel everything and start again...

The difficulty for Disney right now when it comes to international guests, is that they do not know when we will be able to travel again.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place really - people have holidays coming up in July and August and they know what % of those won't go ahead realistically so they have to start cancelling resort bookings, ADR's and special events, but they can't offer the international portion of those guests a 35% off accommodation offer for November - April (just as an example) as they don't know if we will be able to fly then. If they did do that, they would just have a load more reservations to cancel. If they had left international bookings in place until they have a definite idea of what they can offer but went ahead and made the changes to the US bookings, people here would have been angry about that too. Disney won't want to llose any more money so I do think they are doing everything and some people are just too impatient.

I realise that the staff team who train cast members in health and safety won't be in the same building as the ones who coordinate ADR's, but if the staff who work the restaurants aren't going to be available or ready, then you can't make your ADR. For example, EPCOT World Showcase will be staffed for the first time by domestic castmembers so they have a whole heap of training to do and things to learn...

We all know that Disney is a well oiled machine in normal times and the running of the parks and resorts as a whole will take everything to be working correctly and cohesively.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
Erm, we have received a quick note saying just that. Did you not get the email from Disney saying exactly what you just said? Plus it's on the Disneyworld UK website.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Some rides will be able to run at 100% capacity - particularly the omnimover types ones like Buzz and Haunted Mansion. Coasters like Rock n Roller could probably be 100% too.
I can't see how RnRC can run at 100%. The rows are less that 2m apart. They can probably run at 50% and fill every other row.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List