Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post

I was thinking if we go next year it will be April or December. I have now decided that April is too soon, May would also be too soon for me. December 2021 is the soonest I will contemplate at the moment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was planning to go to Disney in May and i was confident it would be fine but theres too much uncertainty at the moment for me, for example the Governer has announced Florida can run at phase 2 which is a big shift back towards normality but Disney have cancelled all dining plans and reservations until the end of the year. Plus i wouldnt want to go wearing a mask and not to see characters fireworks etc. The Disney dining changes was a big factor that put me off especially not being able to book meals at 180 days

We have provisionally booked a Universal hotel and a Boston hotel for May to do a split stay but will cancel if it looks like things arent back to normal. I am rebooking Disney for May 2022 but i am worried the crowds will be manic from two years of people choosing to delay their trip

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I would think if things werent 'new normal' by next May the world is in serious bother! We are booked October 2021 and really hoping its more or less back to normal.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

That's easy!

If there is a vaccine then we will look at booking flights and start planning the road trips we now do
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I’d go tomorrow if there was a flight! Rarely do any parks, quite happy with a little shopping and a stroll round DS, Lake Louisa etc then isolate on my pool deck with a glass of fizz!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Not going to WDW but got a trip booked to DLP in March. If safe to travel, all safety measires in place and if we need masks we will use them, i need a little bit of magic in my life at the mo.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are booked up for April/May 2021.
Totally understand there may still be some restrictions but am willing to take that for the chance to finally get our honeymoon. By that time I think there will be a way better process and we will all know what we will and won’t get as part of it, but even if we don’t get the full Disney experience, we will just enjoy not being here!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
We are booked up for April/May 2021.
Totally understand there may still be some restrictions but am willing to take that for the chance to finally get our honeymoon. By that time I think there will be a way better process and we will all know what we will and won’t get as part of it, but even if we don’t get the full Disney experience, we will just enjoy not being here!
That pretty much echoes our sentiments. There will be changes, we all know it won't be the same as before but it won't be enjoyable to have to be so wary of each and every move and action - that's not very relaxing! Hopefully, by next May it'll be more back to being the Happiest Place on Earth.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

No. We've made the decision to keep our European beach holiday for August 2021 and go to Florida May 2022 instead (was supposed to go last month). It is our first Florida trip as a family and we'll probably only do it a couple of a times with children, so we want the 'full' experience and I want to be able to plan it without fear of 'will this be open', 'can we do that' etc. If it was something we did regularly then it probably wouldn't matter so much to me, I'm not worried from a health point of view.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

We do have a trip to Bluestone booked in Feb I hope will be ok.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List