Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pinju View Post
I've read it on Touring Plans Forums and on WDWNT's youtube video lately. It is probably a once in a generation chance to do so, so it makes sense even if it'll be a massive rush job and will have bugs aplenty.
Not offically from Disney then. Disney are the only people I listen to. Blogs and unofficial sites are just full of speculation and opinion. I go by official facts.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Not offically from Disney then. Disney are the only people I listen to. Blogs and unofficial sites are just full of speculation and opinion. I go by official facts.
You wouldn't hear that officially from Disney in any event. I agree with you, but this makes sense to me at least.

If there aren't major changes when we get this new system, then there's been little point in clearing the slate.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We were due to go to CSR on 21st of August but weighing it all up it’s not worth it in my mind. The 14 day park hopper ticket is massively overvalued if you can’t make use of it every day, even for an evening. No fast pass system also made us groan when we read it. Factor in the fact we could possibly be moved from Coronado Springs to another resort if the NBA rumours are true... I don’t want to be an afterthought at the AK resort hotel... everyone is different though.
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Still on the fence for me, but I know deep down that if those borders open up before we get there, and we're given the opportunity to go, we will be away like a shot I think I just like to rant a bit sometimes.

I think the only thing that is getting to me is the fact that we're staying on site (so paying quite a bit of money compared to staying off site), and almost all the benefits of that have been taken away. Currently the only thing I can think of that we're getting is the magical express from the airport. No extra magic hours, no ability to book fast passes before everyone else as they're gone, no dining plan (we didn't have it for free, but wanted to add it on, and so therefore no resort mug either).

The one other thing that Im a bit bothered about is the park hopping as I posted previously, but maybe it's just going to give us a more relaxed holiday, and who knows, if they reopen in July, it's exactly 3 months before we're due to arrive, and a lot could change in that time!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

You wouldn't hear that officially from Disney in any event. I agree with you, but this makes sense to me at least.

If there aren't major changes when we get this new system, then there's been little point in clearing the slate.
I know you cant please everybody but I would be sad if the 60 day thing is permanent as I like to know ADRs are booked in way before, this way you would be trying to book fastpasses and dining on the same day (unless they don't bring back fastpass as well)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Head trying to rule the Heart for us...

We decided last year that 2020 would be the last time we did WDW until 2022. We pretty much wrote a checklist of everything we wanted from the trip. Absolutely everything on that list has been scrapped (apart from Universal elements). When I look at the amount we still have to pay Virgin and the changes, my head just 100% say absolutely NO CHANCE.

My heart keeps chirping in with "yeah but what if the changes are absolutely amazing and you're sat at home for 2 weeks thinking that could've been me".

We're 99.99% convinced we're not going but we had the email from Virgin this morning and my DH is wobbling. Think we will just have to have a Disney blackout for those two weeks.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm quite lucky in that as well as switching my 7 night POFQ booking to Sapphire Falls at Universal I will have a Disney fix but without parks which I'm happy with. I have a 5 night complimentary stay at the Polynesian which I'm keeping. I'll check out of SF, spend a few hours at one of the Universal parks then go to the Poly. The room is free, I'll just pay for food. So I'll have a few chilled out days mooching around the resort, Disney Springs, eating at other resorts etc. I'm looking at AKL for a future stay so I'll have a meal there and look around at the same time.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

For us, no. Not for the premium price you pay for a WDW stay. If you're getting less bang for your buck then we'll look elsewhere until things are back to normal.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I know you cant please everybody but I would be sad if the 60 day thing is permanent as I like to know ADRs are booked in way before, this way you would be trying to book fastpasses and dining on the same day (unless they don't bring back fastpass as well)
I feel that's the way they're going to go too. I suspect (no official word from Disney, obvs) but it may go the same way as Disneyland. Might be completely different, but I feel it'll be a lot less than 180 days for ADR's and FP's may be revamped or MaxPass will be introduced.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel that's the way they're going to go too. I suspect (no official word from Disney, obvs) but it may go the same way as Disneyland. Might be completely different, but I feel it'll be a lot less than 180 days for ADR's and FP's may be revamped or MaxPass will be introduced.
They may well keep the virtual
queueing systems for some time to come. However things are constantly changing, they are already heading into Phase Two so we just have to watch and wait for now. The situation could significantly improve in a few weeks time..
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List