Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 May 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I didn't think that their capacity was this high but I read an article stating MK average daily visit is 60k, I always thought that it's capacity was 25k, but to use that higher number makes that 30k & 45k- that's still a lot of people! & whilst they continually discuss queues, they don't really discuss where every one is when they are not queuing, if you think about the retail outlets- they're not really designed for social distancing.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I didn't think that their capacity was this high but I read an article stating MK average daily visit is 60k, I always thought that it's capacity was 25k, but to use that higher number makes that 30k & 45k- that's still a lot of people! & whilst they continually discuss queues, they don't really discuss where every one is when they are not queuing, if you think about the retail outlets- they're not really designed for social distancing.
SD
Based on the yearly attendance to MK from the TEA report, MK's average daily attendance is around 55k. Therefore, I'd assume normal attendance varies from around 40k to 70k.

I thought that the absolute maximum capacity at MK was 100k? That's also what Google seems to say (but opinion varies). I thought they usually started restricting numbers from about 75k (again, a bit of a guess).

If it was based on the absolute maximum then 50% of this would be 50k - this is only slightly less than the average. If it was based on the 'normal' 55k, then 50% of this is around 27k - which is a quiet day at MK.

As you say, whichever number you use it's still a lot of people. It will be difficult to spatially distance* guests.

(* I prefer the phrase "spatial distance" to "social distance")

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
Just guessing, but I think it will be onsite visitors only first, then they will possibly scrap open tickets. They'll probably be one park only and have dated days so they know how many are in the park and any left (if any) you can buy on gate.
Just guessing though.
While I see you logic that would totally kill the “split-stay” holiday. No point going there knowing you can get into parks for day the first 5 days but maybe not for the remainder of your holiday.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Based on the yearly attendance to MK from the TEA report, MK's average daily attendance is around 55k. Therefore, I'd assume normal attendance varies from around 40k to 70k.

I thought that the absolute maximum capacity at MK was 100k? That's also what Google seems to say (but opinion varies). I thought they usually started restricting numbers from about 75k (again, a bit of a guess).

If it was based on the absolute maximum then 50% of this would be 50k - this is only slightly less than the average. If it was based on the 'normal' 55k, then 50% of this is around 27k - which is a quiet day at MK.

As you say, whichever number you use it's still a lot of people. It will be difficult to spatially distance* guests.

(* I prefer the phrase "spatial distance" to "social distance")
You are completely correct and I pointed this out last week. The 50% of capacity concept is good PR as it will fool some people. However if it’s 50% of a number that is reached only a handful of times over the year and normal is about 60%-70% capacity it’s really not that much of a reduction.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Capacity includes cast members, so it wouldn't not apply to just guests, but to anyone in the park.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
You are completely correct and I pointed this out last week. The 50% of capacity concept is good PR as it will fool some people. However if it’s 50% of a number that is reached only a handful of times over the year and normal is about 60%-70% capacity it’s really not that much of a reduction.
Yes, there’s clearly quite a large range between average and maximum attendance. But Disney know what’s at stake and I’m sure they wouldn’t want to end up with the safety and PR nightmare of not being able to deliver on the social distancing and safety precautions they will put in place for opening.

I would expect capacity to be at the lower end to start so they would for example do 50% of average attendance rather than maximum. As much as having less people in the park lowers their profit, I’d expect they’d rather be precautionary to start with and gradually increase when they know they can keep everyone safe. I’m sure they’d rather that than have a PR disaster which would hurt their business for even longer.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

As international visitors most likely won't be encouraged/allowed(?) back until Reopen Florida Phase 3, I don't expect capacity concerns to be an issue.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

We will have to wait and see what the Governor of Florida says, at the moment it's looking likely the parks will not open until phase 3 at the earliest with a 25% capacity and if they are put into phase 4 it could possibly be months before they re open. Not what the parks wanted to hear i'm sure.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
We will have to wait and see what the Governor of Florida says, at the moment it's looking likely the parks will not open until phase 3 at the earliest with a 25% capacity and if they are put into phase 4 it could possibly be months before they re open. Not what the parks wanted to hear i'm sure.

Dave
Which plan are you referencing?

The reopen Florida guidelines that the gov announced only has 3 phases, and phase 3 allows the parks to reopen as normal with limited social distance measures. Obviously the parks can implement anything they like within the guidelines:
flgov/wp-content/upl...e%20Report.pdf
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Which plan are you referencing?

The reopen Florida guidelines that the gov announced only has 3 phases, and phase 3 allows the parks to reopen as normal with limited social distance measures. Obviously the parks can implement anything they like within the guidelines:
flgov/wp-content/upl...e%20Report.pdf
Yes and I read in another thread on here that Orange County are letting Disney and Universal basically manage this themselves within these guidelines, stating that they know their businesses.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List