Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are due to go on July 20th. We were/are off to the Keys, Sanibel, Orlando and Vero Beach.

We didn’t have a lot of park time booked anyway, but were focusing more on the diving, canoeing and nature.

If we can go, we will go. If we can’t, then we’ll rebook. But I am fighting back against the internet and media negativity until I absolutely have to accept otherwise.
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
I agree! We have plans for next year already and with prices and insurance all up in the air it would be more of a risk. At least this year we have full insurance to cover us and everything is arranged 🤞
Thankfully our insurance have said they would cover if we amend the dates but even so everything else is just making me think that if it isn't this year it isn't meant to be.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Thanks for this positive post

I'm being realistic but the reality at the moment is - it COULD all go ahead! We are not able to cancel anything yet anyway but I'm doing lots of sorting the "What ifs" in my head.

I'm pretty sure that if we need to we can cancel Disney, Universal and Universal tickets 8 days before and just lose the £250 deposit. I'm ok with that. I'd know by then if our BA fights were cancelled or if we weren't allowed into the US (or if there were any enforced quarantine requirements etc).

If, as expected, Disney begin a phased reopening in June they would have had time to experiment and refine what does and doesn't work and we would have a clearer of idea of what to expect.

I was only saying to my family last night that it's JUST possible that if it does go ahead, despite some compromises, we might actually have a better experience - the crowds could be very low...

Fingers crossed fellow August Dibbers and keep the positivity going ...
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We have a 22 night trip planned for this summer, due to leave on 26th July. I'll give you a wave in parks as I'm still hopeful the trip will go ahead.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BobFish123
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Well against the grain I’m still planning our August trip and doing all I can to stay positive.

At the rate people are cancelling, it will be super quiet at Disney.

If our flights go ahead but Disney is closed or massively restricted we’ll just change our plans but will still go! Keeping everything crossed x
What a pleasant surprise, finally a post that is worth reading... October for us, we are going but may have to adapt!
BobFish123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Booked 25th August and planning on going unless were told not to! Lovely to read these positive posts today 🤞🙏
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Finally! a positive post! Unfortunately my early June holiday will be cancelled but you guys in August should be fine!
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Mobile

Wouldn't it be wonderful if us August gang could still go? 😁❤❤
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Love the positive vibes in this thread! Fingers crossed for everyone x
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahmarie173
Apprentice Imagineer

we are booked to go to LA on the 1st of august ( moved from may ) and then to Florida on the 19th August and as much as there will be provisions in place, we still hold hope and are very much planning to go. We are taking the attitude of what is meant to be will be at this point.