Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

We are in the same boat, booked DIY and wanting to cancel. Yes Heathrow would be easier for us, but not willing to go indirect which is why we paid more in the first place. Also add into that we have a 14 night stay at Disney hotel where we now have no benefits of staying onsite and a massively reduced experience and the trip is no longer worth it for us. We also have the added worry of a 5 night stay at Universal to want to cancel.

At the moment Netflights wont do anything as flights still showing as going, and ATD are willing to cancel our bookings/ tickets but will loose over £500 .

If Disney extend the 35% booking offer to UK rebookings, and for 3rd part bookings, looking at the cost it will be about £200 more for the same holiday. Not sure what the universal hotel costs will go up to. Then I would hope that Virgin allow us through a 3rd party to move to an open ticket. But at the moment it is a waiting game as no one can tell us anything at the moment.

And to be honest, I was trying to avoid going next year, we already have a holiday booked, but doubt they will extend the re book offer beyond 12 months so looks like we will have to try to juggle it.

Edited at 04:31 PM.
Wereallmadhere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
Thanks for the update! I’m sure yours would change before ours so they must still be working on other dates.
Strange how they are doing this my December flight was changed to LHR a few days ago.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My November flight was moved to LHR last weekend, same times, different plane obviously, although I think the times thing is just until they establish a new time slot, I guess they have to have something to tell me but expecting it to change. It is a direct flight though which is great as that would be my deal breaker.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I did see a tweet from virgin that said the change from Lgw to Lhr is a major change so a refund can be requested
Old 30 May 20, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I appreciate most are aware, but just in case... VA recently announced immediate cessation of all 747 operations, VA may use their A330-300 aircraft on LHR-MCO flights. Apparently VAs 747s were flown to Man, awaiting return to lessor or possibly flown to the former RAF St Athan airfield in Wales where engineers will strip out valuable electronics et al., afore the body is stripped down for salvage.

In April Tinker Belle was the first 747 to be dismantled following it's 23 Nov 2019 retirement. Article/photos HERE
Old 30 May 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
alfafan
Gone all Goofy

Our original VS27 for November has now been amended to VS91 from LHR with the same times however I can't see VS91 on the schedule.
Is this likely to change again as we need to amend our other hotels and car hire UK?
alfafan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by alfafan View Post
Our original VS27 for November has now been amended to VS91 from LHR with the same times however I can't see VS91 on the schedule.
Is this likely to change again as we need to amend our other hotels and car hire UK?
Don't worry VS 91 is the flight number designated for the new LHR-MCO service to replace the Gatwick one. I would say it is unlikely to change but best to confirm details with VS.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve looked for my flight dates August 20th - return September 4th and can’t find any direct flights from Heathrow to MCO. It says they’ve put on a new plane but it’s still indirect. Do you think (if they’re operating by then) they’ll move me from direct at Gatwick to indirect from Heathrow? Will that be classed as a major change that I’ll then be able to cancel?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I’ve looked for my flight dates August 20th - return September 4th and can’t find any direct flights from Heathrow to MCO. It says they’ve put on a new plane but it’s still indirect. Do you think (if they’re operating by then) they’ll move me from direct at Gatwick to indirect from Heathrow? Will that be classed as a major change that I’ll then be able to cancel?
Virgin have tweeted to say that only flights from 25 October are moving from LGW to LHR. Anything before then may still go from Gatwick. I suppose there is no point changing everyone until they know when they can fly anyway
Old 31 May 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Virgin have tweeted to say that only flights from 25 October are moving from LGW to LHR. Anything before then may still go from Gatwick. I suppose there is no point changing everyone until they know when they can fly anyway
Thanks. I’ve got hotels at Gatwick and Heathrow booked now just in case lol. Wish Virgin would sort themselves out 🙄 x
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List