Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Thanks. I’ve got hotels at Gatwick and Heathrow booked now just in case lol. Wish Virgin would sort themselves out 🙄 x
I dont think virgin can do anything until they are allowed to fly. So have to wait for Trump and the FCO.
So if I was them I wouldn't be switching anyone over to the new flights until they know if they will be cancelled.
I would like to think flights will be ok by 25 Oct though
Old 31 May 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

I did read a thing earlier that apparantly he is thinking of opening up to europe later this coming month at the end of June so hopefully uk will be able to fly there soon.
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Thanks. I’ve got hotels at Gatwick and Heathrow booked now just in case lol. Wish Virgin would sort themselves out 🙄 x
They have sorted themselves out! They've filed plans for flights to move from Gatwick to Heathrow from October 25th...

Theoretically they don't have the additional slots to move their Gatwick operation to Heathrow before then. They could probably get round it because of all the vacant slots brought about by Covid, but you can never assume... that's why, until anything concrete is announced, all Gatwick flights until 25th October should operate from Gatwick, and why nobody with flights before then has had them moved to Heathrow.

VS27 will become VS91 Daily A330 flight departing at 1050 (1525 MCO)
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by muppster View Post
They have sorted themselves out! They've filed plans for flights to move from Gatwick to Heathrow from October 25th...

Theoretically they don't have the additional slots to move their Gatwick operation to Heathrow before then. They could probably get round it because of all the vacant slots brought about by Covid, but you can never assume... that's why, until anything concrete is announced, all Gatwick flights until 25th October should operate from Gatwick, and why nobody with flights before then has had them moved to Heathrow.

VS27 will become VS91 Daily A330 flight departing at 1050 (1525 MCO)
Fab thanks for that info. Of course, what I really want them to do is cancel the flight altogether...
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
AP100
Getting Excited

Mobile

Has anyone else booked PE seats, direct from LGW and concerned that not being able to offer direct from LHR is one thing, but then not being able to fly PE there and back is another. Plus the V lounge too, how is this going to be dealt with, as I was told there is not one in LHR.
AP100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AP100 View Post
Has anyone else booked PE seats, direct from LGW and concerned that not being able to offer direct from LHR is one thing, but then not being able to fly PE there and back is another. Plus the V lounge too, how is this going to be dealt with, as I was told there is not one in LHR.

Looking at PE travel there are 3 things that could happen:-

You keep your PE travel there and back
You get a free upgrade to UC
You get a downgrade to Economy

If it is the last one normally you would get compensation relating to the fare you paid but whether Virgin would try to use the CV situation to get out of it remains to be seen.

There isn't a V Room at Heathrow and I would be very surprised if they offer you access to the Clubhouse (in whatever form it takes after re-opening).

With all the worry and concern over the journey it isn't going to be the holiday you had hoped for - if it goes ahead at all.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AP100 View Post
I have. Albeit for next October. At the moment my flights are still showing from LGW. If I do a dummy booking for my dates now I am offered LHW. I can only hope I will be transferred onto that flight with my PE. However there seems to be no way of finding out as they are currently only dealing with close bookings.
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
There isn't a V Room at Heathrow and I would be very surprised if they offer you access to the Clubhouse (in whatever form it takes after re-opening).
If you look 9nntge website it does say no V Room (only for VH bookings anyway)
And it clearly says that the Clubhouse is for UC travellers and Good card FC holders.
As bucket and spade routes do not make a large amount of LHR routes, there us no way they would ≈≈≈≈ off their premium business passengers by opening it up to non UC/Gold card holders
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
And it clearly says that the Clubhouse is for UC travellers and Good card FC holders.
As bucket and spade routes do not make a large amount of LHR routes, there us no way they would ≈≈≈≈ off their premium business passengers by opening it up to non UC/Gold card holders
There are other posts on the Dibb that are saying Vhols is offering the No.1 Lounge at Heathrow T3 as the replacement for the V-Room
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Last September they were allowing anyone traveling with Virgin to buy access to the Clubhouse at Heathrow - £85 a head I think it was.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List