Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Cancellation - borrowed points stop going back to future UY?

I'm assuming that now there's an opening date, any reservation cancelled after that won't see any borrowed points going back to their future use year?

Anyone know different? I'm not going to try getting through to them as we can't cancel yet and I know the lines will be busy, I don't know of anyone who's cancelled recently.

Thanks

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Did you get an email from Disney about the reopening? It says in there:
Finally, as part of our continued efforts to provide flexibility during these uncertain times, we are further changing and extending our temporary policies regarding expiring points. April, June and now August, September and October 2019 Use Year points that are set to expire in 2020 and that were used for reservations during the closure period will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. Additionally, April, June and now August, September and October 2018 Use Year points that were banked into 2019 Use Years and used for these reservations will now all expire November 30, 2020. This temporary policy only includes expiring points that were used to book a stay arriving between March 12 and the end of the closure period and that involve a reservation cancelled after February 29. Additional information on these policies is available at disneyvacationclub.com.
I did yes, but no mention of borrowed points, just banked.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Any news? We have same issue regarding a September booking, all borrowed points from next year and cannot get through on the phone lines or chat
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had borrowed points for our July trip from our August 2020 UY. We cancelled this trip after I had contacted them asking if we could cancel without penalty. I then noticed once cancelled the points remained in the 2019 allocation.

I then emailed again and last night received this email from MS which stated:

We apologize for any inconvenience. It appears we told you the wrong Use Year. We should have told you Vacation Points would be returned to your August 2019 Use Year not your August 2020 Use Year. However, since your reservation was using 94 Borrowed Vacation Points, they will automatically be unborrowed and put back into your August 2020 Use Year within 15 days from when the reservation was cancelled.

Dont know if this information is of any help
2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:POR 2007:AKL 2008:BWV-OKW 2009:BWV-VB-RPH 2010:Villa-HRH 2011:BWV-HRH-VB 2012:VB-OKW-BWV-HRH 2013:OKW-BWV-HRH 2014:OKW-BLT-HRH 2015:HRH-OKW-BWV-PVB 2016:OKW-HRH-BWV-PVB 2017: BWV - PVB 2018: BWV - PVB 2019: BWV - CC
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I did yes, but no mention of borrowed points, just banked.
Oops sorry about that PoohBears#1fan - goodness knows what I was thinking, hopefully the info in the post from skelfbsfb will work for all of us who used borrowed points for our reservations.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi rang today and they told me there are no Disney tickets available at the moment and they are unsure when they will be back on sale, could be tomorrow or could be in 2 months, there are no plans at present for special measures for dvc members at the parks, it will be first 30% of capacity that book for that day who get in.
On the plus side they will move my borrowed points back to 2020 use year, I was advised to do this ASAP if I was to cancel as this could change literally any day.
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

I called today and cancelled our Aug trip and they moved my borrowed points back to my 2021 use year.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I'm assuming that now there's an opening date, any reservation cancelled after that won't see any borrowed points going back to their future use year?

Anyone know different? I'm not going to try getting through to them as we can't cancel yet and I know the lines will be busy, I don't know of anyone who's cancelled recently.

Thanks
I called last night, it took about an hour to get through to an agent.
She didn't actually say it in so many words, but got the impression that we should cancel soon and definitely before the opening date to be get our borrowed points back to 2020.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Curious, am I right in thinking you got through to MS by phone yesterday? I've tried ringing and all I get is a permanent engaged tone! Sent an email to cancel our 3 bookings and not had a reply either. Need to get through as we hsve to bank points by end of the month. Any suggestions?
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s still happening last I heard (returning borrowed) but could end any time, so move quickly as they won’t allow it to go on forever. Suspect it will be ended with no notice.