Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just today moved our July booking to the October half term. I was able to keep the free half board meal plan but lost the €100 gift card. I really hope that whatever immediate measures are put in place when they open would have been eased by then. If not, I will need to think carefully about whether it’s worth us still going. I think it all depends what path the virus takes, whether there is a second wave and how big that wave is. Fingers crossed for all of us. 🤞
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

On the other hand let’s face it, the USA does not have a grip on C19 at all. And sadly right now, they’re far from any likelihood in the near future. Whereas, in my opinion, France is very much further forward and will (and I say this respectfully) have clearer systems to keep control.

I’ve no idea how our August will turn out but one thing is for sure... our family are pretty relieved we aren’t scheduled for Florida. 😔

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yeah, I definitely felt more confident booking France for a few reasons e.g. the cost, being further on, only wearing a face covering for a couple of hours. We did Florida last year in July so had no plans to return for maybe 3/4 years. I would have been so anxious and feel for all those in limbo. I never fully relax until I'm sitting on the plane sipping a G & T. Never done France before so feel excited to be going somewhere new but familiar although I'm sure I'll get a shock when I experience the mid November weather. Defo can't beat the Florida sunshine.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We have WDW in Sept - which we'll be cancelling (VA flights fully paid) and DD and I are booked for DLP (including AirFrance flights) in November - which I haven't even thought about yet
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Why not have it as it is but only one member from each table can go and fetch the food or would that still not be workable..?

How many at Paris eat in the hotel who are staying at the hotel? I reckon it's the majority.

They must be able to implement something.

Either way tables would have to be spread out as they are still back to back in most restaurants, face masks would have to be worn by whomever is getting the food too.

What about extending opening hrs too, so they could accommodate more.

Edited at 11:42 AM.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
Why not have it as it is but only one member from each table can go and fetch the food or would that still not be workable..?

How many at Paris eat in the hotel who are staying at the hotel? I reckon it's the majority.

They must be able to implement something.

Either way tables would have to be spread out as they are still back to back in most restaurants, face masks would have to be worn by whomever is getting the food too.

What about extending opening hrs too, so they could accommodate more.
I stay at one hotel but eat in the others as they offer different foods and experiences.
I wouldn't mind wearing a mask getting food. My issue however has always been cross contamination due to allergies as disney very good showing us the ingredients list but last time i went i got angry because, it was a british person, decided to use the satay utensil in the beef caserole, i was fuming and she knew i was. So maybe the CM serving may be a better option.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List