Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MacUK View Post
2 adults Manchester November showing 747 on the way out with our bubble seats and A300 return which are supposed to be PE.bubble seats and are now on a row of 3!

The outward seats are now on separate rows! Don’t think it will happen anyway.
Really? We’re due to go late Sept (both out and back still show Jumbo) and I’m increasingly thinking it’ll be on.

We’re not doing Disney and have made no arrangements other than the flights in PE and I’m starting to think I’d better get a car and hotels booked.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We travel 5-19 Oct. Man-MCO still showing 747, seats still dibbers row PE outbound and bubble inbound.

Part of me is hoping the rumour that they may run a few routes for that ‘one last time’ experience is true.
But if the restrictions in the park aren’t lifted we’ll be cancelling anyway 😟

I feel those travelling July to end October are now in a dangerous position for those going for the parks.

If flights resume they can get you there but there’s a chance that the speed reopening is happening it could be almost ‘normal’,
But options are cancel and lose almost a grand -kick self if stuff is opened.
Move holiday - kick self if stuff is opened
Pay balance - kick self when holiday is cancelled
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
The changes are clear as mud at the moment. This is the information currently being given on Twitter!

That really does not help does it?

The official statement said:-

If you’re booked to fly with us from Gatwick, we’ll be rebooking your travel over the next couple of weeks to ensure you can still get away as planned, including on flights from London Heathrow or with our partners where possible.

There’s no need to contact us right now. We'll be in touch directly with more information on what these changes mean and alternative options by the middle of June.
We are due to fly 12th September, and have booked 3 rooms at Bath Road Premier Inn for the night before. These are refundable up to 30 days before we fly, so hoping we have some form of confirmation before then!
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive

Edited at 08:44 AM.
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

from reading between the lines I would say the flight should still be LGW for sept as it's probably because of their original contract requiring a certain amount of notice to be given before they can fully exit LGW hence why for the last 2 months of operation starting from whenever flights resume which would sort of fit maybe
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
My understanding is that the 747s are retiring with immediate effect. Could be wrong. 😮
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are booked from Man to MCO on 24th October - still showing 747 and seats booked in premium . Return 8th Nov now showing as A330 and no seats available on aircraft to book. Contacted Virgin holidays who say they will be in touch when They get notification from the airline that the booking has changed! Err when ? No answer. So we have the possibility of being booked onto another indirect flight but we just don’t know yet! We have paid for a direct flight in premium both ways - just shocking as I cannot get any reasonable response from VH or VA! Really poor show. I keep being told we are really busy - well employ some more staff as this has now been going on for months ! Rant over!

Edited at 09:41 AM.
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
Really? We’re due to go late Sept (both out and back still show Jumbo) and I’m increasingly thinking it’ll be on.

We’re not doing Disney and have made no arrangements other than the flights in PE and I’m starting to think I’d better get a car and hotels booked.
This might sound like an obvious thing but just makes sure what you book can be cancelled without penalty. I know in normal times many of us choose the best rate which is usually non-refundable if we cancel - but in the current circumstances it makes sense to pay a little more and have no issues if the flights don't go or something else happens

MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

I fly at the very end of October and am booked premium on the return. Both my flights are still showing Gatwick on the 747. Virgin have confirmed that I will be flying from Heathrow and have given me the times and flight numbers but so far the booking has not updated. I saw a message on Twitter the other day and they are now saying the middle of June for the updates.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jlowe64
slightly serious Dibber

We’re flying from Manchester 1st jan, was in the bubble but plane has been changed, they sat us at the back but we have now changed our seats.
Old 31 May 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

My concern with this whole plane swap thing is currently on our return flight there are 55 pe seats blocked out, assuming bulkheads are set aside and not actually booked by ppl then there is at least 43 ppl booked in pe.
The 747 had 66 pe seats (20 in bubble & 46 downstairs (21” wide 2,4,2 pattern or 2,2 in the bubble)
The a330-200 has 35 pe seats (18” wide in a 2,3,2 pattern) glasgow flights for 2021 seem to use this aircraft
The a330-300 has 48 pe seats (21” wide in a 2,3,2 pattern) virgin said in their statement that Glasgow flights would be this aircraft

On our outbound flight there are 47 pe seats blocked out, 35 if you exclude bulkhead rows. All but 3 of those 35 seats booked are the 2’s at the windows.

No matter which aircraft they go to seating will be an issue with either not enough or people not getting to sit next to family.
Either way it makes for unhappy passengers
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List