Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
How can I plan and book this.

Hi, really looking for some help please

We have booked many trips DIY and in the process of planning our next trip, however my dad has thrown a giant curveball and I am unsure how to plan or book it. Basically we were planning on spending a week on I drive and then 2 weeks on Disney property BUT dad (we lost my mum last year) wants to go on a cruise on his own for part of the 2 weeks that we were going to book on property - how do I arrange this? Feel totally out of my comfort zone.

Has anyone done this? TIA
Old 31 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you are planning to all be in one room then just book him for the full two weeks as it won’t cost any more. He can then book the cruise separately. If you had planned 2 rooms it’ll probably be easier if he does the cruise first or last and just book his room separately.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tadshome View Post

We have booked many trips DIY and in the process of planning our next trip, however my dad has thrown a giant curveball and I am unsure how to plan or book it. Basically we were planning on spending a week on I drive and then 2 weeks on Disney property BUT dad (we lost my mum last year) wants to go on a cruise on his own for part of the 2 weeks that we were going to book on property - how do I arrange this? Feel totally out of my comfort zone.

Could your dad's trip be done on a separate booking?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Are you planning on booking DIY again? We're currently planning for September 2021 and have already booked a 3 night cruise for the middle of our stay.

So I'd probably try to decide the length/dates of the cruise first and then plan from there as usual. Would your dad be having his own room at Disney or sharing with anyone else in the family? If the latter then I'd just book your dad on for the full 2 weeks you're at Disney. He'll need the 14 day tickets and you'd be paying the same for the room anyway.

Is he planning on going on the cruise straight after your week on I Drive or part way through your stay at Disney?
Old 31 May 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

If he is going to be in his own Disney room then book it for the days he needs. Book your room separately. If you were all going to be sharing a room / villa book it for the two weeks. Book cruise.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Could your dad's trip be done on a separate booking?
I can do it as a separate booking, he will want his own hotel room at both hotels but would want to link the bookings so that I can manage the bookings.
Old 31 May 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
Are you planning on booking DIY again? We're currently planning for September 2021 and have already booked a 3 night cruise for the middle of our stay.

So I'd probably try to decide the length/dates of the cruise first and then plan from there as usual. Would your dad be having his own room at Disney or sharing with anyone else in the family? If the latter then I'd just book your dad on for the full 2 weeks you're at Disney. He'll need the 14 day tickets and you'd be paying the same for the room anyway.

Is he planning on going on the cruise straight after your week on I Drive or part way through your stay at Disney?
He will want his own room in both hotels. He wants to do a 7-10 day cruise. How would I get him to and from the port? None of us drive over there.
Old 31 May 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

I can do it as a separate booking, he will want his own hotel room at both hotels but would want to link the bookings so that I can manage the bookings.
I don’t think there is such a think as linking the hotel bookings per se. But you can add your dad to family and friends so that you can manage things like fastpasses. If he tells you the logon details you can manage his booking that way too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My brother in law came with us a few years ago, he was on a separate booking, I linked the bookings on the friends and family list, which meant I could book fast passes & ADRS with Disney. Was really easy.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

He will want his own room in both hotels. He wants to do a 7-10 day cruise. How would I get him to and from the port? None of us drive over there.
If that's the case I'd probably do the cruise after your 7 nights offsite then he can join you for the last 7/10 nights on site. Just do him a seperate booking and link them on MDE.

I don't drive over there either and will be getting a taxi to Port Canaveral - have budgeted around $100 dollars each way for this.
Rebecca_ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List