Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 May 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

The Totty Snake

So I live right beside an old railway line .
It’s been converted into a shared path for walkers , cyclists etc
It’s a lovely well used walk and leads to some open spaces
So about three or 4 weeks ago a couple of kids decided to paint some stones and asked for others to follow suit and place them at the back of theirs to form a snake 🐍 - the Totty Snake as our village is called Tottington.
Roll forward those 3 or 4 weeks and the local kids ( and probably a few adults ) have been busy . The snake is now well in excess of 150 yards ( as far as you can see in the first picture ) and probably around 2000 stones.
Some of painted for the nhs , some with the stay safe message , lots of personal ones , just a whole plethora of brightly coloured stones .

Anyone else seen anything similar ?

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
slicer
Very Serious Dibber

slicer's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi bury boy

We have the 'Healey Dell Caterpillar' in the nature reserve next to where we live near Rochdale.
Lots of children joining in adding their painted stones - such a nice idea.
Also has a fence with lots of little messages chalked on by the local Rainbow group and children passing by on their walk through the Dell.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Sue x
Old 31 May 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Love that and hope there is one close to me that I can add to.
Love the Bury Fc one

Hope you have a photo of the whole thing as in years to come little moments such as this, need to be remembered as what happened during these lockdown times - far more memorable than the stuff the TV and newspapers keep feeding us

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Yes, we've got one of those as well, it's in the nearby nature reserve. I first saw it back in March, there was only about 20 stones back then. There must be thousands now though.
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We have one of those snakes at the side of the road, it’s quite long, it’s on the main entrance to the estate.
Also there is stones all over the walking paths on our estate. They are literally everywhere. They are cute though. My kids want to do some but bad mummy hasn’t got any paint and I haven’t bought any yet either
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We've had a fairy garden in a local park for years, children can take the stones away that they like but they must replace them. It's worked well with people adding little ornaments and 'fairy doors' in the trees. I don't think many take them away as they have mostly grown in numbers over the years.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

We have one in our town too here in North Wales, also on an old converted railway line😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a couple here in our village in Fife. One in the Main Street and another just started at the Gala field as the children's gala this month has been cancelled 😭
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

There's one growing daily down here where the council have designated the area for the growth of wildflowers. I wondered what it was so thanks to the OP, BuryBoy.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Love that and hope there is one close to me that I can add to.
Love the Bury Fc one

Hope you have a photo of the whole thing as in years to come little moments such as this, need to be remembered as what happened during these lockdown times - far more memorable than the stuff the TV and newspapers keep feeding us
I took a video of it last week.
Took me just over 3 minutes to capture it all at a sensible pace
As you say good to look back on.
I sent the video to my sister and she has started one in her village too
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List