Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Will the disney experience be worth it as it currently is?

Had a trip planned for November but have to buy the tickets now I have a deposit on. To book possible slots in a down scaled disney park. The tickets are so expensive is it worth it?
Doubt if I can change my flights by november as assuming borders will be open... I am thinking a cheap road trip around florida just to use flights then rebook when disney is back to normal.. Anyone else in same situation? Just me wife and teenage daughter.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Yes , we are due to go in September . Changing to next year as I’ve paid over half to Disney already .
If flights go me and hubby are doing scaled down, couple of places down the coast( Vero/Daytona) , then moving up to do universal ( were ap holders so no extra expense) , then doing Disney springs and gonna hop to a couple of resorts if allowed, ride the skyliner, just make the best of things, and then hopefully next year will be the full experience again

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jimboxlo
Helping Minnie

We've decided that it's not worth it this year with all the restrictions in place. It won't be close to the holiday we know and love, and with all the added explaining we'd have to do to DD 8 & DS 10 (due to restrictions, additional queuing for most things and rides being closed) it would entail a lot of additional mental load to the holiday.

Losing the two water parks is also a massive blow for us.
jimboxlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm due to go in September and am switching to Universal instead. Park hopping and water parks are deal breakers for me and I'll be able to do both at Universal, eg spending a morning at Volcano Bay then an afternoon at one of the main parks. I'll be staying at Sapphire Falls which is nearly £700 less than my stay at POFQ. I've only paid Disney £50 deposit and I don't mind losing that if I have to.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Things keep getting added into the bad news column for me I'm afraid, losing Coronado Springs to the NBA seems to be the latest one for me.

I need to hear some good news before I will be seriously imagining myself having a Disney theme park based holiday this year.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends on what you expect from the experience during a pandemic recovery. It’s not going to be close to the situation pre-outbreak. However there will be reduced crowd levels. Hopefully that will mean lines that and socially distanced but still move at a fair pace if everyone complies with the regulations. Quick service places Who have outdoor seating may have to keep less people inside their premises so that may make finding a table easier. I really hope they update their food offerings though ... Mac n Cher’s and burgers and burritos are gonna get real boring really quickly..
Resort pools will hopefully be quieter too and there will be limits on how many folks can lounge on those seats too you’ll need to be there to use the pool and seating.
There will be more chance to enjoy the theming and shop fronts. Probably have shopping available online too to collect at podiums rather than have folks bumping into each other inside.

I am wondering however how they are going to handle the hygiene issues with the resorts pillows (and bedding) since they harbour skin cells and bodily fluids. I’m actually glad now that they replaced the carpets with washable flooring! Never though I’d say that👀 there has to be more good to list than bad surely... I’m prepared to accept change when it’s for the wellbeing of everyone. I don’t mind doing online check-in by phone, as long as our bands are waiting in the room. I don’t mind booking things online for ADRS and park access if it needs to be done. I don’t mind wearing masks or washing my hands. I’m often using hand sanitiser on vacation anyway so no big deal.
The possible issues for us are losing the MNSSHP tickets and fireworks each night. It’s something we look forward to. We will miss the character meets and photo ops.. I doubt Disney will keep the Memory Maker part of a vacation booking. No one is going to want photos whilst wearing masks and no characters unless the digitally added ones.. I can live without it we can always take a few pics on our phones if needed.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I just keep thinking of random things that could possibly be a nightmare and really spoil our holiday. For example: My 2 girls love Cinderellas Royal table and I've aways been able to get an ADR. Whenever we've been there are always people asking for walk-ins and they simply don't have them because it's that popular. I actually think it might be closed anyway because it's that narrow and SD will be a nightmare on the access staircase but if it's open how are they going to deal with the demand?- do we have to queue in August sun to get a reservation? Do we just write it off even though it was supposed to be one of the highlights of our holiday?
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just had my flight changed to lhr so hotel and parking down the swanky as non cancelable!
Paid for bubble seats also on outward flight so new allocated seats on 330 not good for 3 of us.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Nightmare- it just feels like its one thing after another doesn't it. I keep thinking about when we went Aug 2018 and the weather was awful. There was a storm pretty much every afternoon, we park hopped loads that holiday as we had to get back to our hotel most days and we'd walk to Epcot or HS once the storms had passed. If we couldn't have park hopped that year it would've been a disaster.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Not to me - we are focusing on Universal etc which for us will offer better value for money.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List